Monday, September 18, 2017

October

Shopping time....carve a pumpkin or two....bake a pumpkin pie....sour green apples make the best pie and then there are the new crop of cranberries so make a cranberry bread for morning toast and treat yourself to some tasty October specialties.   Of course you can make time . . . that is what time management is all about . . . so get up, have your breakfast and build up your shopping energy and get going.  The air is cooling down, there is baking to be done...hot apple turnovers ;  yum!!!  Irish soda bread!!!  I wonder if the shelves are stocked with mince meat yet.   Mince pie . . . a favorite, just right for desert on a bright Fall day.    Think I'll get my list ready and take a trip to the store today.  It is never to early to stock up.

It is very early and I have not opened the blinds.   It is dark out there and cozy in here.  If I do not open the blinds then I can stay at a slow pace and get a refill of my coffee.   I have no special news for the blog of the day;   just wishful thinking on my part.    I had a stay in day yesterday so I am ready to go out and greet a new day.    I need to shop for some groceries as there 'is nothing good in this house';  the famous cry meaning 'nothing sweet' as toast and jelly just does not do it.  There is something about a big fat jelly doughnut that calls to ones inner self ;  bet you know how that feels;  or maybe you would settle for a cinnamon bun . . nothing wrong with those.   My coffee cup is empty,  and it is hours before shopping time.  I would buy some 'goodies' but then I would eat them up so there would still be nothing good in this house....if it has sugar...aah....you know how that is....delicious and delightful and makes for a contented sigh!!

So be of good cheer, go shopping and buy some of those delights with calories as you know sugar is needed to keep you sweet, thoughtful and friendly....it does make our world go around....have a good day, all day, and do something special for a family member today;  let them know how much you really love them.    If you had a quarrel, make up...life is to short to hold grudges.  If you haven't visited or called in awhile, surprise them with a greeting to make their heart sing.   You are responsible for many things in life and making family members feel the love is what makes the glue cement that love.  So be big, be magnanimous, be YOU!!!   Go.....you can do it!!  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...