Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Bonsai

A Hobbit House under the bonsai tree.   
A hundred year old Bonsai tree...what a beauty.
Ha, Ha,   a truism.
I wish I could grow a bonsai tree.  I tried but didn't get very far.  It takes know  how and patience.   There are some members of the Brookings Oregon Garden Club who do a fantastic job of growing the delightful and colorful tiny trees.   It was always interesting and fun to go and see the displays and marvel at the beauty and awesome displays.

I have been looking out the window, daydreaming, wondering what words I can put on the screen today.  I wonder if you take time to look out your window and watch the new day begin.  Right this minute the upper trees are motionless while the lower ones are moving just a little.  We had a hot day yesterday, up to 84 degrees and it doesn't cool down until the wee hours and then summer heat takes on a new day.    Right now it is day break and the sky is a murky blue, almost not color at all.    The workers are already parked and the familiar cars are out in the parking lot right there by my window.   Someone has a little yellow jeep which reminds me of both John and Michael .  John bought the jeep many years ago and traveled far in it, then Michael took it over and spent years remaking it like new and it is still going strong.   Every time I see this little yellow jeep I think of my sons.  I miss seeing them but I am lucky to be able to reach them by telephone and that is second best. Cross your fingers for us as granddaughter Erin may be coming for a July visit...we hope....it has been too long with her special hugs.  Sipping hot coffee, talking with you, a great way to start my day.

As for yesterday and the monthly meeting of do and do not do reminders of living in a senior apartment complex begets a nice cool Popsicle.   Tasted pretty good.    Karen, our manager, brought up a few minor infractions to be taken care of, especially those who keep things in their ovens and forget they have and light the oven....doesn't happen often but it has and she likes to remind us to be careful.  She was open to suggestions for future trips and she is looking for help with the newsletter she wants to put out.  All in all she had few complaints and that was good news.  Some of our seniors have never set foot in the local gallery so Christine is thinking of putting on a light luncheon and invite our seniors over for a look see.   Karen would have to bus them over and back, but it would be a good day trip for them, short and sweet with lots of good treats , especially the art work itself.  Some have never seen what our local artists can do.    Maybe it would help them to think about taking a class or starting a painting of their very own.   Something to think about.

The screen is jumping so it must mean I have gotten the best out of this old machine this morning.  I am out of words so I'll love you and leave you.    Be good, be kind, be gentle and treat others like you want to be treated.   Kindness goes a long way in making someone you like or love to react in a positive way today.   Think of what you can do to make that happen.    Be YOU...the kind, gentle person who has more than enough love to share with those you like and love.    Make 'my day' and make some one else have a 'my day' too.    You can do it.    Go be magnificent.   Hugs to all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...