Tuesday, August 22, 2017

A New Day!!

If I had a scale I wouldn't get on it this morning as I had dinner at Pat's last evening and delicious, delightful, filling, ending with Carter deserts Chris could  not leave behind....and we all have a lot more 'behind' today...smile.!!
Nope, I didn't see the eclipse either.
and the chicken knows what it is talking about!!!

Okay, another new day, they come fast and furiously....time.....we use it up like there is no tomorrow but here it is a new day and we have hours to go ...what to do with all that time?  where to go??? who to entertain?    or better still, do nothing you do not want to do;    find your own way to use up those seconds today...just be sure you make all of them memorable.    I enjoyed my day yesterday as I visited with 'my girls' ;  how lucky I am to have them in my life.....a walk out into Pat's yard and I got to water the garden boxes which are filled with salad makings and I think there are a few potatoes hidden in the box yet to make an appearance.    Everything is growing as it should and the produce is delicious, healthy and plentiful.    There is just something about a garden that is satisfying and the results of the hard work that goes into  it brings about produce to make your body and brain healthy and happy.     I love to walk out into a garden producing a variety of food that makes the body healthy.   It is also a memory builder as you walk through the little pathways and remember other gardens in other times and the folks that love to plant and take care of feeding us healthy and hardy delights....Hobie comes to mind, memories of corn on the cob right out of the garden; tomatoes to die for;  and eating green string beans fresh off the vines....no need to cook them....smile....yes, memories of another time with the folks we loved and who have gone on to reach a much bigger garden.    It is nice to think of meeting them again and spending time in a garden without end.    But, our time is yet to come and right now we have a 'duty' to eat up all that good produce and enjoy it.   A luscious tomato off the vine, can't think of anything tastier than that.....well Carter's deserts might give them a run for their money....yes Christine joined us for dinner and brought some Carter's deserts to end our meal....end!!!! not likely......a beginning of taste bud heaven that makes the taste buds stand up and be counted.......thin??? What is that??  We will never know!!

So today, be a giver . . . go shopping and buy some extra crusty bread to go with all of your garden produce...enjoy....fill-up....yep!!! Reasons to SMILE!!!!

Have a productive day doing what you do best.    Invite a family member and a friend or two to sit at your table and relax and enjoy 'the fruits of your labor';  if you did not put a garden in then go to the local garden shop and buy some fresh produce and plan a vegetable dinner out in the back yard..corn on the cob.....um.....I'll come!!!  I don't have a yard, but if I did........um.....yes, I'd invite YOU.    Make today a day to remember...good thoughts....good deeds.....good friends to visit or entertain.....a hug.....a smile.....yeah!!!! Life is good.  Enjoy it..all day...today!!! Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...