Sunday, July 9, 2017

It Is Sunday

a brave soul....he could loose his arm.....one could say he is a brave soul or a nutcase. . . um. . . let me say I wouldn't pet a fish that size, in fact, I wouldn't pet a fish of any size that was alive with a mouth full of sharp teeth.  I like my fish cleaned and ready for the fry pan.  

A fancy bookmark....turning down a corner of the page works well too...smile....a book mark is easy to uses and leaves the corners neat and tidy.   I like my skinny strip of a bookmark;  works well.    I did some reading yesterday, a quiet day here at Ridgemont.   I did get to the grocery store and went without a list so you know I got the goodies and forgot what was really needed.  The mind is the first to go..believe me...it rushes...leaves you with empty spaces and regrets when you don't take your list along.  Going to the grocery store on a Saturday is not the best day to shop;  crowded;   going without a list is fruitless;  yeah, I forgot to buy fruit....well I remembered bread.  I will go back with a list.  I am thinking of a nice juicy hamburger with a pickle on a crusty bun. . . wonder if I can talk the girls into a cookout ..I'll buy if they cook!!

Speaking of cookouts brings back a few memories.   It was always fun to share a hot dog or a hamburger with a neighbor and friends who stopped by.   In the 'olden days' back in Rhode island, we had neighbors who had a garden and loved to share.    Hobey grew watermelons on his back fence and every vegetable you can name.    Eating was dining;  nothing was every wasted and everything was delicious.    Those days of weeding paid off big time.  You earned your keep and getting your picture taken with your fanny in the air was proof of that.  I know I've told you all this before, probably a dozen times, but summer cookouts bring back memories and they are always fun to share again and again.  

We have a baby blue sky out there this morning with patches of white clouds.  There is one section that looks like a huge wave breaking....the clouds often make me think of the ocean.  There is a fabric show at the gallery today along with a table filled with all kinds of good things to eat;  they wont last long..smile!!   
So it is time to get up, get dressed and get ready for your new day.  I hope you have plans to do something you love to do be it going to a gallery showing or lunch out by the river or the ocean...or just in your back yard.   Whatever you choose to do make it something to remember...a day with family and friends, what could be nicer than that!!!  Enjoy!!!!  Be good, be kind, be gentle and smile...oh well...cry if you must but do it all by yourself....as for me, I am going to the gallery show, have some of those fancy little cakes , hot coffee and good company....sounds like a good day to me.....if your nearby come join me...if your far away, find yourself a gallery to visit and go and see the wonderful art created by those who love to make your day special.  Go!!! Have a great day, all day....find reasons to smile.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...