Friday, July 14, 2017

A New Day!

One of the signs I have to put on my door when I go out for the day...too bad I haven't been able to use it....had an 'in' day yesterday, all day, and cannot complain as Doris, our century plus lady was. baking and the aroma in the hall way had a lot of tongues hanging....I was lucky as I had some very tasty cinnamon buns delivered to my door.   I got to see her new baking pan, larger, longer, all set for something delicious to come out of the oven.  Yesterday it was cinnamon buns and I have some on the counter for breakfast this morning.  I'll save some for my girls but they had better plan an early visit..smile.  I had hoped for a little time out and away from Ridgemont but it was not to be.  The girls were very busy as there was a lot going on with meetings and plotting and planning for a new show at the Gallery.    It was a quiet day so the puzzle got spread out, the pieces turned and the frame almost done.   It is not going to be an easy one;  well if it was I wouldn't be doing it as it would not be a challenge.  

I'd like to be telling you exciting news but the planned trip was cancelled, not sure why.  I had not plan to go but now I can rethink it and maybe when the signs go up I'll change my mind and go out the door and on the bus to somewhere.   I did read to Vinnie, a suspense book we started but somehow got waylaid and never finished.   He is in the mood to listen so we are back on schedule...we'll see how long that lasts...smile.

So life in a retirement home is not always full of fun and games.  There are many hours of finding something you can do.  Having friends stop bye or a walk out is good.    A good movie on television or a good book to read helps....but drop in company, a tea party and sharing some words is more fun   Friends bring a lot of love and laughter to life so hopefully we have many who take the time to knock on the door and spend some precious seconds just 'sharing a word or two' 'caring' the magic word...so go...C A R E !!   and enjoy your day.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...