Thursday, May 25, 2017

Ride Out!!


Good Morning.    We had a lovely ride out yesterday in the rickety bus that bumps along the highway at a nice pace.   Our driver is terrific and interesting as she knows the area very well.    We went along some familiar roadways and headed for our ride for the day.   Our outing we all look forward to.   A day away, lunch out...the usual busy restaurant with edible food but not the kind you write home about..smile.  

Gorse has taken over the highway, thicker and more dense this spring.   It is colorful as you can see from the picture above, but an obnoxious weed that takes over and crushes everything in its path.  

We had lunch at the local airport, a busy place yesterday, either half the county was flying out or there was something going on we had not heard about.   We had a terrific waitress who really worked for her tips yesterday, the place was crowded.   We took off for the high country and saw many beautiful large homes, lovely gardens with beautiful flowers growing.   Some of the plants are really colorful and I have no idea what they are.    One I called snow balls, a familiar one as we had one in the yard when I was small.   The homes, in the area we were in yesterday, were new, big and beautiful.  Must be a new plat as there were not many flowers, but, lots of trees.   The height of the trees was something...lone pines of some kind.    A lot of the area was familiar as we had been through it on other rides.   A small town, very small, a post office and a store.   A new 'old' area with a huge lake and tall mountains in the background.   There is a lot of beauty here in Washington state.    The ride out is always good and our driver is very knowledgeable as she tells tales of the different places.   We all enjoyed our time away and I will have to thank our director for making the trip possible.   Hopefully she will plan other trips.  It is fun to get away.

So today, a new day, and it looks like it is going to be a beautiful day.  I think I will catch up on some 'paper' cleaning or should I say clearing?  No matter what I say it still has to be cleaned up and gone trough and filed or thrown away.    I used to say "dying in a sea of paper'' and things have not changed.  Smile!!

I hope your day is as nice as you are.  I hope you find things to make you happy and smile...I hope you share YOU with those you like and  love today.    Be of good cheer as the expression goes and make or take time out to be good to yourself.  You do deserve a break....so take one.  

Be good, be kind, be gentle . . . Make today the best one yet!!!   "Love they neighbor";    "Love thy self";     Go!!!  BE YOU!!!!  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...