Sunday, May 28, 2017

Old Pics, New Thoughts!

Old barns, reminds me of one on the back road in Carson City, a back road with an old barn that was always on our 'ride' list.   There is character in an old barn;   reminds me of getting older as we strive to hang on and hold up a little longer.    There is some beauty in age, but along with it are a few reminders that time has a way of flying bye.    A favorite picture showing strength and beauty.  Being old has grace to it....we just have to remember that! 
There is something about flowers that make you smile.   I hope you have a garden filled with them and remember to take time to cut a few for inside.....flowers on a table brings love and laughter into your home.   Reminds me, my flowers have wilted and out they go today.....
Well, it is a board walk!!!   It does have a nice feel to it......wonder where it leads?  wonder who built it?    Ah, tales to tell if we only knew the owner.

A wistful mood...nah!!!  Just waking up a little more...  been up for hours, have the blinds open and the sun is up and the trees are still....not a leaf moving.   A holiday weekend.  I wonder what you are going to do?  Something fun I hope.   I have an invitation to a cook out...I think.....I think Pat is going to fire up the grill.  The weather is going to be hot, if the last forecast is correct.    I wonder if they have a parade up town.  I haven't heard anyone mention one.   I am going grocery shopping...there is nothing good in this house......smile.....not anything sweet anyway......peanut-butter toast is okay but.....blueberry pancakes would be delicious....ham and eggs wouldn't be all bad. . . I'm lazy so toast and coffee will have to do.   

I wish I had lots of tales to tell but I had an in day yesterday.    I did have a couple of visitors....Vinnie came down with some magazines for me.  I think he subscribes to a half dozen at least.   Lois came and had tea with me and helped find a few puzzle pieces.   Company is good.  All in all it was a good day, all day.     

As you can see there is little or nothing new.  No news from the inside...no one is up to anything....a shame as we could use a little excitement around here.    The exercise group meets in the meeting room as does the group that partakes in current events.   They meet on a Friday morning which is my laundry time so I don't get to attend.    

So that is my words for today....not many...nothing new.....the holiday weekend to look forward to...hear it is going up into the  hot range as spring finds its way into summer....oh how we will complain about weather....doesn't do any good....it is going to be what it is going to be whether we like it or not..smile.    So be good, be kind, be gentle, find ways to make do and be happy.  Be a friend....be YOU.....be a lover of life today and share you with those you like and love.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...