Monday, April 24, 2017

April Ends


Pictures from Brookings, Oregon, memories of some wonderful days spent in the outdoors, walking the pathways to the water;  walking the beaches; looking at the whales going bye. . . yes, it is on my list of favorite places.   I had a lovely letter from a Brookings friend and I have to admit it made me feel a bit homesick.  I loved living there with an open door to invite friends in for a cup of coffee or tea and a little something to go with it.   Friendly folks who shared a hug or two, always a good word and were truly happy to spend a little time of sharing and caring.    We all need that....so today, get up, go out and find an old friend to hug and a new one to introduce to the sights and sounds of Brookings. 

I was thinking about the places I have lived and , believe it or not, each one was for a reason.  Some folks never move away from their birth place, while others seem to travel the world.    I did see a little of the world, but I saw more of the States.    I started out in Massachusetts, lived in Connecticut, Rhode Island, Washington, D. C. , California and Washington State.   I always thought I had a bit of the gypsy in me as it was fun and interesting and each stop was good for the heart and the soul.    Making friends is a joy and having an open door is always a good policy.   Friends make our world go around and I am so very happy I made such good friends.   Each one so different, each one lovable, each one so special.  Having a locked door is like having a locked heart..so open the heart first and then the door and let love and friendship in.  

I love my morning visits with you.  Next would be to actually see you in person...I'd like that....if you travel plan a stop bye...I'll put the coffee or tea on and share a piece of pie or cake with you.  You could always throw a sleeping bag on the floor and visit..smile...not comfortable but doable. 

I am off for a refill and watch some news.   We may have rain but with four new books on my table I am not concerned....feet up...book open.....aah!!! what's not to like? 

Go...be YOU....do something wonderful today.  Be a friend.    Be a lover.   Be all you can be.....be YOU!!!  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...