Friday, March 24, 2017

No New News!

This is a picture of a bouquet  I once had and I have a small one in my vase this morning of yellow flowers that are similar.  Pat had a few in her garden and brought me some.  Amazing how flowers brighten a room, and they do a lot for making a room come alive.
Well I am not at my best early in the mornong!!
I improve as the day goes on.

Right this minute the fire alarm is going off and it is annoying.  I don't see any smoke any where ; not in here;  not in the hallway. . . some one burned their toast this morning.

It is early, it is dark, it is wet on the outside pavement, must have rained last night.   We had such a beautiful day yesterday, I was hoping for another one today.    When Spring decides to come in like a lamb it can be beautiful so lets hope it shows up with warmth and sunshine.    Some of the jonquils are up and showing off in Pat's yard.   I spent the day with her yesterday, a fun day, we went junking.  I don't know if you like to junk but it is fun to go searching for treasures.   I found a black cat dish for daughter Christine and will put some Easter candy in it.  She is a cat lover, has two black cats that love to be loved.   I go over to watch television with Christine now and then and both cats climb up on the couch and hunker down as I pet them and they purr like little buzz saws and demand more and more.  Cats are demanding.  Cats are characters and fun.   We found our way back to Pat's house and got busy with a 'job' for Christine.   She is bent on putting the old photographs in some semblance of order and it is not an easy job to do.   We don't know the folks in the pictures , or the dates the pictures were taken.   There was  a lapse in the care  of the picture history of the log cabin as not everyone wants to be a historian.   There are quite a few pictures from the seventies.   A few earlier but not as many as I would like to see.   Port Orchard has a lot of history and we hope to bring the pictures and story up to date.   I hope there are folks out there that care enough to want to keep up the history of the town they live in.    

It is time for a refill and get ready for a new day.    This is usually laundry day for me but got it done yesterday over at Pat's house as we got some more of the history pictures in order.   We did get to watch some television as well, had a delicious snack and put our feet up for awhile.    There is nothing better than spending a day with a daughter.   It is even more fun to spend it with two of them.    Now if  my boys were closer...um.....I'd like to share time with them too....oh well, beggars cannot be choosers isn't that what the old adage says.If you have not spent some time with your children, grown or not, then get busy and make the time, make it happen, life is to short to be out of touch.   Pick up the phone,  drop a note, take time to go visit, choose to have special time with the family whenever you can and you are not allowed to stay angry with anyone for any length of time; it is bad for your heart.    So be good, be kind, be gentle and spend your seconds wisely.   Be a lover, a giver, a 'good' person today and every day.  Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...