Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Winter

Winter in Japan.   Cousin Wendy lives and works over there and was just home for a holiday visit.  She returned in time for the first snow fall of the year.   How different, how beautiful as snow makes magic  on a beautiful building and an awesome bridge.

Now this is a winter scene.    The words to a song. ."baby its cold outside" comes to mind.

Winter is a special time of year.  It brings along a little discomfort but a lot of beauty.   There is nothing better than to get up very early in the morning when it is dark and cold and take yourself outdoors , shovel in hand, and get to work making a pathway on your sidewalk.   I grew up in the icy cold and winds of New England and learned how to use a shove very early in life.   Hard work?  No...fun...as we shoveled a path for folks to get by and made snow slides.  Pictures like the snow scene above bring back a thousand memories of the true beauty of winter.

Speaking of winter weather, we had rain yesterday . . .all day. . . a good day to stay 'put' and I did.  The flu bug is about gone, still some lingering residue that finds it hard to leave but walking the hallways did more good than harm.   I returned a soup mug to Vera filled with a few of the gifted cookies from my girls;  a thank you for being so thoughtful.    The soup was delicious and did make me feel a lot better.   There is something about hot soup and colds that are a 'given'.

So today, I think I am on the mend, I will get dressed and hopefully get out for a bit of fresh air and a trip to the store for some fresh fruit and vegetables.    Who knows I might have an adventure or two I can write about.   One never knows what the day will hold until you get on with it...so hopefully your day is going to be an adventurous  one with a lot of love and laughter.    

Stay warm, stay dry, and above all be joyous....share YOU with those you like and love.    A good deed never hurts;  a hug or two brings smiles . . . you have your work cut out for you so go...be YOU....live, laugh and above all love....it makes your world go around in a glow of love and  laughter.   Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...