Tuesday, November 15, 2016

More of the Same!

A truism. . . and a prayer for a 'gentle day'.

The musicians played for hours without stopping and the folks who came to the reception really enjoyed them.   Soft Western music, some I knew some I didn't but humming is always good.   Note the Sea-hawk (favorite team here) on the manikin head.   

The BIG moon. . . beautiful!!

Tuesday all day, Pat and I are going to go junking for a little while.  It is a rainy day and we are looking for treasures with a Christmas theme.  The outside doorway needs a little Holiday  Spirit, maybe  I'll find an elf or two.    

Yesterday proved to be visiting day for me.   Vinnie came with grapes to thank me for the treat I brought him.  He brings me magazines and treats all the time so I thought it would be nice to give him a special treat so chose four different pieces of fudge at the candy store.   He was surprised and stopped bye for a visit and a thank you.   He said if I was a lot younger (the nerve of that man) he would let me be his girl friend....smile....being his friend is hard enough.    Pat came over with Emma and visited but didn't stay as Ron came in to visit.   He didn't stay long as he was heading out to shop.   Then Lois came in and tried to find a puzzle piece.  She didn't have her glasses so that was a lost cause.    She stayed on for a cup of tea and some chatter.    So it was open door day for me and that is always fun.    I must remember to have the girls pick up one of those big packages of tea bags on their next Costco trip and some more cookies.  The cookie jar is empty again.   As it should be.  I hope your cookie jar is empty and needs refilling.

It is going to be a rainy day today.    I didn't get to see the big moon last evening.  I had high hopes but the clouds moved in and that was the end of sky watching.     The parking area and the hospital windows are directly across from my window, so I get to see what is going on out there.   Many times the ambulance or the fire trucks, or both, come wheeling in.  Not good, as it means another person for hospital care.   They should have designed the hospital wing entrance on the other side of the building away from the apartment windows.   The sirens and the fire trucks are alarming sometimes.   At least if I have hospital needs I don't have far to walk.    With my luck they would probably whisk me off ten miles away to some other hospital.   This whole area of Port Orchard is filled with medical buildings of all kinds.    Hopefully, I will not have to visit any soon.    I think I have an appointment coming up for the yearly check up before the year ends. 

As you can see, I have little or nothing new to report.   I am off to check on Facebook and find out what all of you are up to.   I am happy when I see what you are writing about and that  you are all feeling good and getting out and about.    Stay healthy and happy and get out and about today.  You may not be doing the cooking this year but you do need to keep in mind that a  little token of appreciation for the cook is always a good idea.    If you are low on ideas some of the church folks are opening their holiday bazaars, so you can find something new and different.    New pot holders and tea towels are always needed.  We are prone to use our towels and pot holders until they are almost rags.   Have fun;  bend the knee and remember your family and friends as you light a candle.  Remember it doesn't have to be Sunday to light a candle...those church doors are open weekdays as well.   Light one and think of me;  I light one and think of you.    So here is to good health, a bit of wealth and a lot of smile today.   Be good, be kind, be gentle and share a hug with hose you like and love.  Hugs to all.

  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...