Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Quiet of the Morning!

Silence
Beauty

Remembrance
World War II picture of Cornelius and his brother Jimmy who met overseas.  One standing in line for 'chow' when the other arrived in time to meet up....

I believe it is 'hump' day, if it isn't it should be.    The weather is playing games with us as it goes from spring to winter and back again.   Can't make up its mind so one doesn't know whether to get out a sweater, an overcoat or a bathing suit or whether to keep the door open or closed.   Iffy weather.    Pneumonia weather.   But weather is weather and there is little or nothing we can do about it but enjoy it for what it is.    Pat and I went out in her car and visited a thrift store yesterday to see what they had in the line of a treasure.  There were lots of Christmas  decorations and a lot of folks out and about trying to find some treasures.   You know that saying about one mans junk is another mans treasures.    I have been on the look out for small leaf dishes.  I am going to gift my table mates and fill them with candy.  I haven't made up my mind what kind yet but then I had better not buy any early or I'll wind up eating it all.    Do you ever do that?  Buy candy to share and the longer it stays right there in the cupboard the closer you are to finishing it off before you know it.  I know, the store has plenty more.   I am just not to be trusted with 'sweets'.   I bet you are not either.

Here at Ridgemont the loss of our Samantha shows.  We miss her.   Our manager stepped in yesterday to give Gina a break.    We haven't heard of any new hire;  um...if you are looking for a job I know where there is one...smile.

I am off to get a refill of coffee and heat a Doris muffin.   I hope your day is going to be a fun one;  it is up to you to make it so.    Think of what you can do to put a little sunshine into someones life today.    An invitation to lunch out;   a stop for a visit to a shut in;   a trip to church and light a candle or two;   a kind word, a big hug, a soft kiss on the cheek....um....you can stay busy all day.  Be a person who loves to love and get on with your day.   Be YOU....that wonderful YOU...Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...