Saturday, November 19, 2016

Dinner!!!

Good Morning!   The sun comes up, the wind blows and the flowers grow . . . Ah!  Life is Good.

The weekend is here for us to enjoy.   The weather is what it is and all we have to do is make our plans for today and enjoy it.    I am regrouping from dinner last night.  The annual affair that our manager and family put on for us.   They brought up every table and chair set they could find and filled the upstairs dining area to the brim.   The family worked very hard to make a successful dinner for all of us.    We had our table number, our table set with a lovely centerpiece, a glass of bubbly waiting for us and the aroma of a turkey dinner filled the air.   The food was delicious, plenty of it and seconds if you wanted them.   The family outdid themselves this year and each one deserves a thank you for treating us like Kings and Queens.    Delicious, delightful and memorable.
Christine and Patricia came and enjoyed it all.   Rosemary was our table mate and we enjoyed having her with us.   All in all it was a grand affair, the food excellent and plenty of it.  Turkey an the trimmings and ham if you preferred.   A good time was had by all.  It is going to take at least a month and a half to downsize the love handles.

I woke up at three a.m. and am blogging after spending time looking for a picture or two to post.  I go back into the files and pull up one of the picture albums and then get caught up in looking the pictures over and restoring a memory or two as I look for a picture to post.  Do you think I could find a turkey picture today...not on your life...where are they when you need them?   After last nights banquet, I swore I wouldn't eat again forever but here I am waiting for the coffee to be done and I have a special muffin waiting.    A new day, a new breakfast and I am hungry enough to eat it.  I'd share if you were here.

So, I'm off to have my coffee.  I hope your day is going to be one of those sunshine days, you know the one that brings out the best in YOU....be good, be kind, be gentle and cook up a special dinner tonight and invite a friend or two.    It is Saturday all day and that means beans and hot dogs...well it did in my day and apple pie out of the oven for desert...sounds good to me.  And...I swore I wouldn't eat for a month...well that was last night...this is now and I am hungry.  Wish you could join me; seems forever since I got a look at you....sigh!!!!   Maybe you will win a lottery and come for a visit. . . well dreaming never hurt.   Enjoy today!! Hugs to all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...