Friday, November 18, 2016

Tea Cup.   I have been given some lovely tea sets just like this, some beautiful floral patterns by my neighbor Evelyn who had a collection and has a box filled with them.  She has decided to give them up and is donating them to the Gallery for the High Teas.    They are really beautiful and Christine is going to make her a guest of honor at the December tea.   Evelyn will love it.  
A good cook....a pinch of this and a dob of that!!!
A Granddaughter is one of life's blessings and my granddaughter Erin was , and is, the love of our lives.  She makes the world bright and beautiful, just like her.   We knew, from the beginning, as you can see from her baby picture, that we had a crown jewel to love.    Happy Birthday love, may you be blessed with many more.  
 
Another day, another dollar....old saying.....wish it were true...I could use some 'other dollar' to go shopping for the up coming holiday feast.  I am not cooking, daughter Christine wants to.  I offered to take the ladies out for a treat but they seem to want to hunker down by the kitchen stove and play with all those wonderful fruits and vegetables , and ,  yeah a turkey.   Christine is a wonderful cook , as is Patricia, so I get time away from the kitchen ...finally....smile.....but, I don't like that. I like being in the kitchen as it is familiar, fun and what will I do with me????   Watch some of the Hallmark movies;  um....I can do that.   A glass of wine, feet up ...nah, I'd rather be out in the kitchen peeling, paring, beating ....I must be nuts.....think I'll try the seat in front  of the TV and let the girls do their magic.  Retirement from life's activities is pure hell...or is it???  um...maybe I'll get used to it.  I am about to give it a try.   Banned from the kitchen...humph!!!!  But then what's not to like?   

We are going to have our first holiday feast tonight in the dining room as our manager puts on a feast for us.  She enlists the aid of her family and they all gather in the kitchen and cook up a wonderful dinner.   We are allowed two guests so my girls are coming.    Karen, our manager, has a great family and her grandchildren do an excellent job of waiting on all of us.    I don't know about you, but I find it hard to believe that it is holiday time already.    This year has been a fast one.  As a nonagenarian I find the years fly bye faster than the wink of an eye.    It reminds me, to remind you, that if you have not been taking good care of YOU, then it is a good time to start..today....check your habits. . . they do get you into trouble.....check your diet.....vegetables will not kill you, no matter who said so.....know your mind is the most important part of your whole being....use it....make good decisions for YOU.....let everyone else take care of their own.....be wise, be smart, be loving and for heaven sake know that hugs are the best gift in our world.    Share YOU with those you like and love.    Today is a great day to start!!  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...