Sunday, November 20, 2016

Truisms



Truism

Something to remember

Good morning.  It is Sunday and it is a rainy day or so the weatherman predicted.  I haven't opened my blinds yet been busy visiting Facebook and sending off a note or two.    Time to blog and I have no special words this morning.    I spent yesterday afternoon with Patricia watching Netflick movies and munching 'good stuff'.   It was cold and dark when I got back to the apartment, turned on the television, sat in my easy chair and promptly fell sound asleep.    I guess that is what nonagenarians do best and I have it down to a science..smile.

I had an interesting telephone call from an old neighbor.  She delights in telling me all the gossip of the neighborhood.  I am sure I told you all about her last call and the news was about the same. One neighbor needs some one family member to tune in and see that she needs attention as she is beginning to show signs of Alzheimer.   It has been coming on for some years now and she really should not be alone.  She has a cat she wont leave.   Her brother offered to take her and the cat nearer to where he lives, but I think she just doesn't want to leave her home.   It is sad to get OLD;  it is sad to have to face the changes that develop.   I don't think we know how to prepare for those inevitable changes.   So, take a look around your neighborhood and keep an eye open.  Maybe you will be a good neighbor to someone who could use a helping hand.     Just keep in mind 'what goes around, comes around' ...be one of the good guys.   We talked about some of the cooking we shared during the holiday seasons.   She is one who loves to bake and goes really all out during the holidays.  I will miss the fruit cakes which she used to make for me.    I like fruit cake.  Her favorite was mince pie so I shared.   Good neighbors are special and make our lives  a little bit nicer.  I hope you have good neighbors to share with.  

Here at Ridgemont we had our first celebration of the holidays which I told you about.    I am not sure how many will join their families for Christmas .    I think I'll decorate my door this year.   Not sure what I'll do yet but I am going to think about it.    I have candy put away to do something with; maybe I will think up something to hang on the neighbors doors.   I wonder how many will be here;  some have families nearby.   I'd better check and see what kind of decorations I have from last year and go out and shop for a few more to add to the pile.    Not even Thanksgiving day and I am concerned about Christmas decorations.....yep, we are all nuts.....well I know you are thinking about Christmas too...it comes with the territory....smile!

Enjoy today,  don't worry about Christmas as you have to enjoy your feast for Thanksgiving first.   Enjoy your seconds TODAY, no sense rushing the season.  It is something we do naturally and that is just the way it is.  Take one day as it comes, enjoy the seconds as they tick by.   As the old timers used to say, 'take one step at a time' and that was good advice.    Enjoy today as the seconds tick off, plot and plan so you are not rushed . . . just put one foot before the other and everything has a way of falling into place.  Do not let the holiday season scare you....be wise, be frugal, be loving and take the time to include someone who has no one. . . be YOU.  Hugs to all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...