Thursday, September 22, 2016

Truisms

Every morning, same old story, who is that stranger in the mirror???   

A picture shows a thousand words.  That is quite a row of Senators and  Congressmen who are to lazy to get up and salute the flag while in session.   Does 'fire the lot of them' start to make sense...it should.

I read the report last night when my girls came home from the concert.   They had a great time and I can will get a first hand review when I see them today.   Tracy Nelson, one of the singers who made them 'hum a tune or two' back in the sixties and seventies.    I was not invited.   It must have been those comments I made when I asked who was making all that noise when they had her recording on.   Nope, have not changed my mind.   There is just a gap in our thought process as to what is music and what is not.   According to my children, my music puts them to sleep.....and their music gives me nightmares.   A little thing called The Gender Gap!!!   Well, I do like Willie Nelson...doesn't everyone?   
 It was quiet here at Ridgemont yesterday.  A beautiful Fall day.   The wind was up so no walk out but the sun was bright and warm.   The leaves are falling and I have saved a few beauties within a book, hoping they will serve well when we make the terrariums.    That will be a fun session at the Gallery come October.  Say that word out loud...October.....wow...the year is closing in on us.  

We said goodbye to Lil yesterday , her last day with us and she is off to a new home in Arizona closer to her youngest daughter.   She was excited and happy to be leaving the northwest for the better hotter weather of Arizona as she has arthritis throughout her body and suffers greatly.  Hopefully the change in climate will be good for her.   We will miss her bright personality and especially her laugh.  We have had quite a few changes this past year and I suspect more in the offering.  I had a long read with Vinnie yesterday and find he is restless.   He does not want to give up our reading session, yet, he, if you will excuses the expression, is a pain in the 'arse' with his antics.   He seems bored out of his skull, yet swears he is fine which I find hard to believe as he talks about a red car out in the parking lot he would like to own, or about the bus stopping to pick up passengers, or wanting to be rich and traveling the world.    The vagaries of old age.  It is when he finds one of my eyelashes out of place and puts me under the microscope that I take exception.

So today requires patience.   We will have to strive to be patient and understanding, not easy to do, so easy to say.   Take extra time to be a true friend and see what you can do to make some one you love feel you full attention.    Maybe then he or she will find a little peace and contentment and 'shine'.    A bear hug is a good start.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...