Friday, September 23, 2016

Sunshine



A sunshine smile . . . Angie . . . a special love

Sunshine and Grapes
Sunshine and Shadows

 No sunshine and shadows around here today, a little mist at the moment with hope of a little rain before the day is over.    We would like to see the rain come and go as tomorrow is yard sale day and we have spent some hours getting it all ready.   Amazing how much we accumulate over the months.   If we had all we saved during the years we would be homeless.    We ladies spent some time arranging the garage to look like a little shop and it does.   Lots of pretty things from books to dolls to lovely pieces of glass and many useful tools and household pieces that have lots of wear in them yet.    I opened one of the boxes I packed up when I down sized, pieces I thought were much to nice to give up.  That mood passed as I stood there reliving a memory or two and finally decided there just isn't room in my little studio apartment for anything else.  The only way I could salvage a memory or memento or two is to give up some of what decorates my little place now and I am not ready to do that.    I added four of my collector mugs to my cupboard and that is dumb as there really isn't room for them.   I probably wont ever use them.   I should stick with the idea if you don't use them then lose them.  I have not even missed them once I got over the idea I really truly didn't need them.   Yet . . . smile . . .  they do look good...ah, the familiar . . .   memories of trips gone bye, places and faces like sunshine and shadows, part of my history.  So the damned if I do and damned if I don't remains.  I laughed to see Chris pick up a dish and decide to take it home.   She doesn't need another dish of any kind but the appeal was just to great to let it stay there.   Some of the little things Pat was going to put into the sale seem to find there way back on a shelf . . . some things have special meanings and stay and that is as it should be.    We don't pick up these little specialties at yard sales because we don't like them. . . smile.

So get up, put on your shoes and go for a ride around your town and see what yard sales are out there.  You might just find a treasure you have been hoping to find.   Maybe that book you have been looking for is waiting to be retrieved.  Could be that lovely soup tureen you have always wanted is sitting out on a table waiting to be rescued by you.  

Make your seconds count today.   Be good, be kind, be gentle.  Speak in a soft voice and smile with your eyes.   Spread a little light and a lot of love.   Hugs, you cannot have to many of them and oh how good they feel.   Hug away.  Hugs to all.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...