Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Winners

Big Bear Lake by Maggie Joyce  A fantastic photograph of evening,  the sun setting, profound silence wrapped in winter's cold.


Stanley Park by Darlene Labelle  I would be tempted to title this one "Waiting for the Splash" 


Sunshine Coast by Kelly Findlay  A sunset and the last splash of the wave, such an unusual sight on a rocky shore.

untitled  . . .  A heart shaped sunshine, a gorgeous rainbow, a lonely tree, and a flowering bush . . . A gift  as it reminds me of the story of the burning bush and the promise of better days.   Nature has a ay of telling stories if we take time out to look.

The Cat . . . I am sure you have heard his song.  You have to laugh out loud at this one.   Talk about Caruso. . . dulcet tones. . . a happy song or a lonely howl. . . your choice but know it is loud!
  
These pictures were only a few of the fifty shown from an attachment sent on the Best BC Weather Window Photos of 2015.   Each one was more beautiful than the other.   It must have been hard for the judges to pick and choose.   These were a few of my favorites. I hope it is an incentive to grab your camera and find the perfect shot to enter this years contest.   After the blizzard, I am sure there must be some terrific shots.  When our Pineapple Express quits, I'd like to take my camera for a walk and see what sights I can find around Port Orchard.    We have a few high hills to match San Francisco;  we have a bay filled with boats of all kinds.   The Navy shipyard is across the way and the size of the ships there would fill a camera lens quickly.    There must be some winning shots to take of the sunsets over the bay.  
 
It is Hump Day, the promise of seconds flying bye as we look forward to a brand new weekend to indulge our fantasies of rest and relaxation.   A good time to take yourself to one of the movies that is touted as a winner.   Place me in a dark easy  chair in a theater and it is a sign that nap time is here.   Oh the joys of being 'old';   I was always a movie buff but now it is television or home movies and I can sleep through the best of them.  
 
 I am off for a refill.    I have been doing the puzzle and it is a fun one, a mean one, one that defies you to find a piece which is right there in front of you all the time.     A mystery puzzle.  If you haven't done one in a a long time, find one and put it up and test your mettle.  I think it teaches patience.  Some folks think it teaches them bigger and better swear words.   Let me know which way you find it.
 
Today is reading day with Vinnie.    A week is a long time to find out what happened to those four bombs that were let loose underwater, heading for the Japanese fleet and missing.   where did they go?  What damage did they do?   We are about to find out.
 
I hope your day is a good one...filled with love, beauty and a treat or two.     You really get out of it, what you put into it, so think about what you want your day to be like and make it happen.    Be good, be kind, be gentle . . . only give 'them' the finger when they cut you off, otherwise be a lover and hug someone you love and like.     Hugs to all. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...