Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Nature

The stillness, the quiet, the peace of a new morning, silence at its best.  What a lovey painting this would be to have hanging on your wall.  When restless or troubled you could sit in your easy chair and relax and take your mind for a walk through the valley.   The fog would lift slowly and the forest would come alive with the humming of the birds and all of the little forest creatures would be up and about and you would bask in the quiet, the shrouded fog and your heart would rest in the quiet of this beautiful world.    I had two such pictures, which I treasured, and spent many moments resting my mind with a walk in a mountain path, through huge redwoods and a bit of mist.  If I sit quietly, I can  bring to mind the beautiful scenes of Brookings, Oregon where I used to live. I can picture the redwoods and the ocean and feel the quiet.    I can walk the path of Lone Ranch beach and hear the thunder of the waves, see the driftwood piled high and the mountain stream fighting its way to the ocean.    Yet, here in the northwest we are surrounded by like scenes.   The inland water ways with their boats of all sizes and shapes.  The tall pine and fir trees, the two lane roads and the inland lakes that grace the earth with a sense of timelessness.    Nature is with us every where we look, we just have to take time to see it, to feel it and most of all to enjoy it.  

So today, take time to look around you.    Sometimes we are so busy we don't take time to see the familiar and enjoy it.   Don't be so caught up with the art of living that you do not participate in the actual living.    Your seconds are your treasure.   Take time to use them wisely.    Once gone they are never to be replaced.    Today . . . a good sound . . . know the seconds tick away and once gone they are long forgotten and we get busy using up new ones.   It is like we will never run out . . . but we do . . . . so, be wise, be brave, be alive, be useful, be kind and be gentle .   That is a lot to 'be' in one day, but you can do it;  be a 'show me' and brighten up your corner of the world.  Hugs to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...