Thursday, January 28, 2016

Rare

I had no idea Chicago had such a love for Marilyn Munroe;   bigger than life sized statue in the square.   I'd like to hear a comment or two you are thinking about right now.....

Now that is a tree that is a tree and it is in Africa.     Just think of playing tag around that.   



How odd. . . how beautiful....like a stained glass window.  have no idea what it is.  Looks like a jewel.

A tree in New Zealand.   I gather the winds blow like they do along the Oregon coast where you see the trees bending in the wind  .  I wonder if this is what is meant by 'three sheets to the wind ?"

Three thirty and it is quiet around here, everyone with good sleeping habits are enjoying their dreams .  My body clock says wake up. . . um. . . I have a few words for it . . but, I'm off to pour myself a cup of coffee so I can greet you with a smile on my face.   I'll be right back.........

"Ah!"  that first sip. . . wakes up the taste buds so I added a bit of pumpernickel toast, so on to blog, but. about what???  I didn't go anywhere, do anything special, can't think of anything you would find of interest here in Ridgemont.  I hear the rent is being raised, not good . . . hear one of our greeters is down after a bad fall and in the hospital.   "they" don't tell us anything about a missing person around here;  probably a rule, but we do care about our missing person and want to send a card to let them know that they are missed and wish them a speedy recovery.    On the other hand, I have been busy visiting our one hundred year old Rose who has a negative down right lonely existence.  She was sitting out in the main foyer hoping to see someone alive and moving, couldn't stand being in her apartment another minute all alone.   No one stops by to say hello and cheer her up  all because of her negative attitude about the life she didn't lead and the one she did . . . regrets. . . isn't there a Sinatra song about that?  I think so.    I stopped and said hello, followed her back to her apartment and found out she had not eaten.  She is so feeble fixing herself something is a huge chore.   I made her something hot to eat, visited and got her to call her daughter.    It did some good as last evening when I was there to fix her something to eat, a lady walked in from the 'visiting angels' and will come by twice a day, early in the morning and again in the evening.  So Ms. Rose is going to bloom again.  She will be moving to new quarters as soon as a bed opens up in a smaller six unit spot down the street a way.    She will get twenty-four hour care and that she needs, being one hundred isn't all that it seems to be as she voiced her concern about maybe hanging in for another year.  She wondered if she would make a record of some kind.  Rose is stubborn, Rose is determined, Rose is Rose and  she blooms right where she is.    So when you bend your knee tonight, keep her in mind, she can use a few good thoughts and words.

Vinnie and I had our reading session and it was a good one.    Last time we left off with four bombs heading towards some Japanese ships, but missed, the chapter ended and we didn't find out what happened to them and the new chapter went on about a family member so I guess we have to wait a bit longer to find out.    "War and Remembrance" is the book in case you want to read along with us.   Vinnie has a tendency to borrow. . . stamps, candy, cookies, whatever he runs out of . . .but pay back is a foreign word to him and he got his first 'no' yesterday.   He'll survive.

Some of our elders have gone off on a trip.   Sounds good to me.    If I had a healthy bank account you can be assured I would not be here....where...who knows, but it would be somewhere  with walking paths and open doors where sharing is caring and laughter reigns.

So today, the same old tale, think about someone you care about who is alone, lonely and needs YOU to pick up a phone and say hello, I am thinking of you, or I'm stopping by to get a hug. . . some one person in your life is hoping for a glimpse of YOU .    Be a visiting angel and show how much you really care.     Just remember, what goes around comes around, and you want good things to come back around to YOU.     Be good, be kind, be gentle . . . show up with a smile and a treat and spend a few of your seconds with those you like and love.  Hugs to all.    

P.S.   If I told you all or some of this before. . .chalk it up to "she's getting senile"  or just plain "old".   Well, it's that time of life when you can repeat and repeat...just remember three little words says it all....I love you.   Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...