Friday, August 11, 2017

Week Ending

Lazy Daisy give me your answer due...I'm half crazy over the love of you...la, la, la....and another sunshine day with a bit of heat, a bit of it is much to much summer weather to be useful...lazy days.....better enjoy as soon it will change and there will be no excuse for lazing around.....right this minute it is dark, quiet and few cars parked and the shades of the hospital wing, across from my window, are closed tight, the street light is on and the workers are coming in slowly.  There are some new cars to be admired...really good looking and grey seems to be the choice in color.   I get a kick out of watching some of the workers back in, they have a special space they want to be their own and they leave spaces around them supposedly hoping no one will scratch their fenders...fenders, there are none, sculptured would be more like it.  The motor is shut down and silence prevails.  

I had lunch out with my granddaughter yesterday.   If you haven't done that for a while, I would say don't waste any more time...call that grandchild up and make a date and have some love and laughter come your way.   We took a walk down by the water and watched the ferry boat slowly making its way over from the big city, probably loaded with tired workers or exhausted shoppers.    It has been awhile since I've had a ferry ride, um.....maybe I'll do that one day soon.

I am wondering how your day went.  I hope you drop a line and let me know how you are doing.    I hope your summer days are happy and safe.   Maybe you will think of a trip this way...um...I'd like that.

Ridgemont was quiet yesterday, not many up in the lunch room as a group went off to a special luncheon given by one of the daughters of one of our lovely ladies.  She does a luncheon twice a year and invites all of us to her home.  It is so lovely, right on the water, huge and beautiful and her menu is always tops.  I have gone twice and enjoyed it but this year I had other plans so had to pass.   Those that went had a great time and a lot of compliments to their hostess.   Maybe I'll get to her Christmas luncheon.

Well....as my friend used to say ..'where are you going to dig it'.....but well serves a cause all its own...gives you time to think of something more to add....or not...smile.....I am off for a refill, coffee is good this morning....well I don't always make the best and probably could if I measured correctly...but....a pinch of this and a pinch of that works...sometimes....smile.

I'm off to have a good day, all day...doing something but haven't found out what yet.   Loved my time with my granddaughter...what a beauty...what a sweetheart...a keeper!!!  A brand new day....go.....enjoy your seconds.....make  good use of them.....waste not...want not.....isn't that an old adage?   Yes.....one to take notice of and a good rule to live by.....so....make today a special memory builder and share you with those you love and like.  Hugs to all.


1 comment:

  1. Dropping a line, we got out furniture yesterday! We've got lots of boxes to empty and all that. The move in is afoot!

    As for warm weather, more than warm here, it's downright hot! The forecast is for the haze to be gone today, I sure hope so, it's making for watery eyes, etc for many here abouts. It's one of those wear a paper mask type of events ( tho I don't )

    Found out that the floor of the metal storage shed is rotted out, I put down an old sheet of plywood that was left behind, and it will be the patch till next spring, when I get serious about that building. (I plan now to move it off of that wooden floor, and replace it with some pressure treated wood, and cover that with some plywood (unless I find a good deal on some used wood flooring, heheh)

    Will work on getting things moved in today, by emptying boxes of stuff that I have here so far. Then once that's done try to find the dining room table legs, we've got the top, all the chairs but the legs are buried in the storage units in Oregon, so we'll have to make a trip there before it gets too hot and see whether we find those or not.

    Have a good weekend, keep on blogging your messages. At this point, I'm going to get started on emptying boxes (quietly as it's 4:36 AM just now)

    Guy

    ReplyDelete

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...