Saturday, September 24, 2016

Good Morning!


Birds singing in the trees...dream a little dream of me.....a song, a little I remember.  A lovely sight, a picture to contemplate.  If I remember correctly, Jennifer took this picture in her yard up there in Nevada.    The birds are like notes on a scale.  

another Nevada scene, beautiful, serene, as the day closes and all is right in our world.

I wrote a poem about Nevada a long time ago.  I called it Shadows of Nevada.

"The river runs deep and wide,blue of color,as the sun subsides/surrounding mountains jutting high/ playas lost within hills of gravel/a tarmac ribbon of road to travel/ silt and stones of ruby red/green hues from the yucca beds.  a plane flies over, high in the sky, casting its shadow on the foothill rise, undulating as it moves along, all too soon it is gone.  the shadows darken changing shapes/of the mountains and the rivers great/the colors fade to black ad gold/hiding the colors that were so bright/day is changing into night/white foam ripples at river's edge/a cresting moon upon a ledge/passing the river as the road winds west/dreams of shadows when we take our rest."   JMS.

I hope when you look  your camera for a walk, you took pictures that bring back wonderful memories.    I have been lucky enough to live in many places and enjoyed so many faces, friends,  aah, what would we do without them.   I hope you find pictures that bring back memories of life that sparkled.    

Today is yard sale day so I am off to help.   I'll have tales to tell tomorrow.    Go, have yourself a wonderful Saturday, find time to have some fun . . . go to a yard sale and find a treasure.    Just think of us and trying to get rid of some of those treasures we found and are now finding new homes for them.   Time to change.  Time to find some new and different decorations for the home.    Winter is about to come and we need some warm mementos to get us through the season.     We really do not need new ones as holiday decorations will soon take over.    Are you ready?   I'm not....but we have time.  Dig out the boxes, throw out the broken pieces, go shopping and find some new bobbles ...stop at the yard sale and you are sure to find something.

Make today a good one....be good, be kind, be gentle and best of all be loving.   Hugs to all.
                                       



No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...