Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Outdoor

Ignore the sign, I just wanted to look at the old fence...it has dignity; courage, and strength because it does hold up to the ravages of time.  Reminds me of a few old timers I know.
No, Pat's tomatoes do not look like this, but her tomatoes make the best sandwiches.  She made us up a great one yesterday..yum!!
There are flowers, and there are Flowers but the jonquil or daffodil top the list for beauty and color, simplicity at its best.

Hump day, all day, what to do with it?   I have no special plans.  I did get out and about yesterday and had a fun day with both of my girls.    Pat and I went junking looking for some glass containers for the making of terrariums ;  a class at the Gallery this coming month.  It should be fun.   I have a neighbor who went to a class at the local green house and now has three in her apartment.  The 'cages' are metal and much like a small castle, each filled with tiny plants and rocks and bring a little of nature indoors.  They really are lovely to look at.    I might attend the class and make one for my apartment.    I really have little room for things but manage to keep adding a little something new and different every time I see something I cannot leave behind.   You know the drill....no room...no more knickknacks until you take a peek at the one more cute little item you cannot live without.  I now have a miniature cottage, two tiny sampans,  a tiny metal elephant with baby . . .so much for not collecting ever again....words with no meaning.   That goes for books too....now have at least eight to read when I have time....the daily cryptoquote, the cross word, the loaned History magazines, the unfinished novel . . . yeah....I do have things to catch up with ...time...time...where does it go???   Much to fast when you are having fun.

So I got a late start as I slept in this morning until six a.m. ;   I think a rocket must have gone off as I never sleep in until six; unless of course I have read half the night.   Funny how sleep evades us at times, for no special reason, other than it can and there isn't much one can do about it.    The coolness of the weather helped last evening I am sure.  Those three hot days and nights were not fun but the last two days have been ideal.    We cannot do much about weather but enjoy it no matter what is offered.   Me...I like rain...dancing in the rain, has a lot to do with making one feel good about life.    Remind me of that when I grouse when the weather changes and we get more of it than we want.    

So today, be of good cheer.   Do some one thing that will make you have a feeling of pride.   Be giving, be loving, be YOU.    Take time out to enjoy your day.  All work and no play makes for a dull soul.    It pays to be a little brave and kick up your heels now and then.    Keeping ones nose to the grindstone might have been a good old adage for the old folks, but remember it takes a few smiles to drive away the blues which we all get now and then.  So today laugh out loud because you can.  Smile because you can.    Hug....bear hugs...make them a priority today and get your arms weary from over doing the hugging bit...it is fun...try it...surprises some folks who haven't had one in a ''coon's age";   try your hand at being a comedian , tap, tap, and shuffle off to Buffalo....been awhile since you did those steps and I bet you have not forgotten them....give it a try.    Be a happy YOU ...it is catching!!  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...