Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Nature

Morning has arrived.  An old snapshot but a good one, can't seem to tire of a country road...no traffic...wow!!
Another old timer, worth another look, the bird of Paradise, nope....just an early bird!!
Nature at its best.  Trees . . . so beautiful, so necessary, such wonders.

Not much news this morning as it was a quiet day here at Ridgemont.   Christine had work to keep her busy and Patricia spent time in her kitchen making jams and jellys and I have some of the finished products in my cupboard.   I think I'll open a jar of jelly this morning and put some on my toast.   I would have offered to help but Patricia is much like her mother and can do it herself.   She is clever, and smart and has her own way of doing things and does it well.  Christine is much the same in being able to tackle any job and making it look easy.    So I'll take a bow and say I set a good example ...can't you hear them now....'its' always about her'.....well, if I don't toot my own horn,who will?   I am proud of my children and have no problem tooting my horn...or theirs....and I even toot about you and yours.   

As far as Ridgemont, it was a very quiet day, cool and comfortable.  I took a walk up to the corner and back and enjoyed the fresh air.    I had visitors yesterday,  Vinnie is enjoying a read again and content.  He missed me.   He thinks he should reward me so is often trying to find something to present to me, yesterday it was a brass cup which I had to polish to see what initials were on it.   A fancy 'c' .   I have no room for 'things' in my one bookshelf. It is already full.    He doesn't listen well.   Later, Ron stopped in and brought three of his History magazines for me to read and return.   They are excellent magazines, now to find reading time.  I have a book going which is hard to put down.   Sharing is caring and it shows.

So I am ready for my coffee and a new day.    I am going to Goodwill today looking for some fancy glass type containers to make some terrariums for a Gallery project.    It has been a long while since we made them, but I am sure we will find the right little plants and make them beautiful.   It will give the ladies a chance to show their talents...rocks and tiny plants...a good combination.    I am thinking rocks and little animals.

Have yourself a good day today doing what you love to do best.    Don't be selfish, share YOU with those you like and love.    Take that extra minute or two and share some time;  it's a gift everyone needs and loves.    Think terrarium and make one for yourself.    Be good, be kind, be gentle and enjoy all of your seconds today.  Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...