Monday, August 22, 2016

Nature

Foothills   
The Bird of Paradise
Mother Nature , the artist in residence.

I am late this morning, not my usual three or four a.m. but six before I decided it was time to move from under the covers where it was toasty warm.    A far cry from three very hot days and leaving the door open let in all that cool air which turns a bit chilly after midnight.    But, I am up and I have been perusing for a picture to put o the blog.  I am back to the old pictures and today I found some that were a delight to review ..ah memories, the fun of going back and reliving some of the good old times.    Pictures taken , memories saved, a revisit to a fun time or a walk back into a little history.  It was a delightful trip and I spent time enjoying them as I traced a finger over some near and dear faces.    A camera is one of our best 'friends'.

Here at Ridgemont, I approached Vinnie and asked if he had time for a read. . . he beat me to the reading area. . .smile.    He had a book he had been reading on his own so brought it to the table with him.   He told me what it was about and I just picked up the story and went on with several more chapters. It is a spy story so it was not hard to pick up the trend of the story.    It was good to read to him and he was happy to be read to.    After I got back to my apartment there was a knock on the door and it was Vinnie borrowing a stamp . . . some things never change.

So today we will pick up where we left off on our tale.    The weather has cooled.   Some one set the fire alarm off leaving a pot on their stove and going off forgetting all about their cooking chores.   You just cannot leave a pot to cook by itself.  It was a reminder to forget that old adage about a watched pot....it does boil...out.....leaving smoke to billow and roar and that alarm seems endless.
So today, watch the pot you set on the stove so you are not hearing bells and whistles.

Be good, be kind, be cheerful.   Spend a little of your precious moments making someone you love and like a little uplifted because you smiled at them.   Share a little of your time, the best gift of all. . . end with a hug or two and you will have made not only your day but theirs as well.    It takes so little effort on your part to brighten a grey day.    Be a ray of sunshine;  a sunbeam;   a butterfly and flit from friend to friend.   Stop bye, I'd love to see you.    I wish.....

Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...