Sunday, August 21, 2016

Fishermen






Some folks sleep in, and some folks get up in the wee hours and go out the door to go fishing.   Yep, Jock is at it again.  He talked his neighbor into going out with him and here you see the results of play time, fun time . . . and hard work.   Good eating coming up.  A wow fish . . . a huge fish . . . congratulations guys;  job well done.

Our third hot, hot, hot day came and went and we survived.   Not many went out the door but stayed indoors in the cool of a fan or a small air conditioner.  I am lucky to have one of those and it does a very good job of cooling the apartment down.   I found a few pieces of the fifteen hundred pieces on the puzzle board.  At the rate I am going, I may finish this one by next year.   It is a slow one.   At least I can say it is colorful with all the fairy tale characters to remind me that it is suppose to be fun.    Most of the times it is but now and then you just know that the piece you want and need is missing. . .it really isn't....it is hiding.  I have a small cd player so put my music on and hummed along to some of the old fifties music.   I found a few old favorites at Goodwill , all in good condition, one called "Getting Sentimental"  Glenn Miller; Tommy Dorsey and all those old timers that made our feet move and our vocal cords soar.     I have a couple of Matt Monro, I like to sing along with.   If I hold on to the kitchen cabinet and the stove and stand in the doorway, I can make my feet move to the music...smile....

So today, put on your dancing shoes and exercise.    If you don't want to sing out loud, hum, it is good for the vocal cords.    Music is uplifting and many a day we need to be uplifted...I'd whistle but someone way back when, I think a nun, if I am not mistaken, said something to the tune of "a whistling woman and a crowing hen draws the devil from his den";  they sure knew how to squelch your fun.   So ignore bad advice and hum, whistle, sing out loud and make your day a fun one.

Be good, be kind, be gentle . . . make someone you love and like smile today.  Bring a ray of light, a bit of sunshine, a bit of joy to someone in need.   There is so much natural disasters on going that everyone needs a helping hand.    Fire, floods, as Mother Nature goes on a rampage.    A good time to unload all that stuff n the closet you haven't worn in ten years.    A good time to donate some of that 'stuff' you have been wanting to get rid of as the Good Will stores will be unloading some of your donations to those who have lost everything in a fire or a flood.   We count blessings, some folks are counting tragedy so keep them in mind when you offer up a prayer or two today.  

Be an angel of mercy . . . be YOU.   Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...