Sunday, May 22, 2016

Scenes

A fishing boat returning to the Port in Brookings, Oregon.   A picture friend Marge took when out for a walk along the pier.  How much I miss my walks along that beach sometimes piled with driftwood.    Yep, I miss my walks especially at Lone Ranch Beach which was one of my favorites.

A special day to celebrate all of our armed forces men and women .

A truism.

Good Sunday morning which looks like a cold one this morning as the breeze is up already and folks are walking bye all bundled up.  The workers are getting ready for their shift to take care of their patients.   The hospital wing windows are still with drawn shades, a bit early for the patients to wake up.     I had one of those reading nights, guess my down time yesterday took care of my sleep needs.    A good book solves a lot of problems.  smile.  I thought of putting the light on at three A.M. and try to find a piece of the new puzzle.    If you want a real challenge order up "Lost In A Jigsaw" , the diagonal maze puzzle made by the Buffalo Games, Inc. 220 James E;. Casey Drive, Buffalo, NY 14206.   Know that each piece is the same, all pieces fit no mater where you place it.   I just found out last evening that some of the frame pieces that seem to fit perfectly, do not belong where they are, so have to be changed, but to where?   I have a feeling this puzzle is going to take a very long time to finish.   Okay John, you can come back now. or it might be the puzzle from hell that you will get for your birthday.  smile.
 
I went up to the dining room for dinner yesterday and my table mates were all off enjoying themselves elsewhere.   I was sitting along when the pastor arrived and his seat was occupied so he came over and sat with me.    He is stone deaf and I am not much better so our conversation was through smiling eyes and few words.   Then one of my favorites came and sat with us, the story teller who is always fun to have at the table.   I can't think of his name , at the moment, but hopefully I will remember .  I want to say it but it is gone from the memory banks.     Okay, I had to look it up...Lyle.....a different name and one that fits him.    He is doing his genealogy and  finds that some of his ancestors came over from Scotland and Germany.  The further back he goes the more complicated the names become as the census takers changed the spelling .  It seems to be a labor of love.  It seems that when the ancestors did immigrate they chose the Pennsylvania area...maybe Quakers at heart.
 
After all my fun days with my family , the trips and the plentiful food treats, I am having a sabbatical and doing a lot of nothing.    I had no idea a birthday zapped all your energy, guess that is what happens as the ninety era takes hold.    I was just 'pooped' , me, Katrina the Great,   tired...unheard of...well it happened and I am resting. 
 
So today, Sunday is a day of rest, or should be.    Make sure you take advantage of it and rest and relax so you can recharge your batteries.    A new week coming up and I am sure you all must have a dozen plans in the offering.    I hope you are busy planting your vegetable garden.   I am going to miss the delicious chard Jock grows in his garden.    He will be coming for a June visit but too soon to bring some along.    Pat put some seeds in, hope they are fast growing.   Chard is delicious in case you haven't tried any lately.    I am planning a salad summer to make up for all this high on the hog eating I've been doing latterly.    It sure doesn't take long to expand the waistline.     Carrot cake, chocolate cake, ice cream bars, mints, bagels and cream cheese and on and dozens of home made cookies.  I've tried passing them around but still more comes in the door and I never learned how to say 'no'.   Ever get tired of eating delicious, delightful eats....me either.    Go, treat yourself to something you love, enjoy and go on a diet tomorrow.   Hugs to all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...