Saturday, May 21, 2016

Saturday Morning

What a gorgeous shot taken by my friend Marge in Brookings, Oregon.    How much I miss Brookings and friends.   The shapes within the tree reminded me of an art project one of the girls had in school when they had to take their camera out and find pictures of the alphabet to shoot.   It was not easy to find letters in nature, or so I thought, until you actually looked.  Here in this tree I see the letters Y, O, V and X.  
 
I thought I would make yesterday, Friday, a down day for me and rest up.  I had my shoes off, the puzzle to do and my chair to nap in until Samantha came to the door to say the monthly meeting was a two P.M.;  on went the shoes and off I went.   It was good to see our manager, Karen, back.  She has been doing two jobs for several months now as the need for new workers had to be filled and it takes time.    We learned a few new rules, especially about parking problems for those with cars.    We learned that there are fire rules and furnishings have to be at least twelve inches away from the heater.   That was the big news and she did ask for ideas of places we would like to go on our monthly bus trip.   We had two trips cancelled this past month as they have a need for bus drivers.    I didn't have a problem with travel as son John chauffeured me around on our annual trek, this time to Oregon for an overnighter.    He has reached home, safe and sound, and is going to relax today, according to his message this morning.     I think I will too.    I saw Vinnie up at the meeting and he is ready to pick up on our story.   Today would be a good catch up day.  Most of the folks here in  Ridgemont are doing good, with the exception of our Jan, a table mate, who is in the hospital due to a bout with sugar diabetes.   She had been off on a vacation and allowed herself a few special treats which caught up with her.    I have no idea what it is like to have diabetes but it looks and sounds like it is difficult to live with.   Ron is up and walking now that is leg is healed.   Three months of sitting in a wheel chair was enough to make him happy to get up and out and walk.   How come we never realize how we should take good care of our bodies until we lose the use of a part of it.    It is a daily chore we should welcome and take the time to truly take care of ourselves.
 
With that, I am off to have my coffee and wake up.    I am happy that you are healthy and taking care of YOU.   I wouldn't have it any other way.   (smile.).     Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so we are told, yet some skip it . . . not me, Katrina The Great wouldn't miss a breakfast, a lunch or a dinner, in fact even a snack in between.    Food is the fuel we need to be healthy, so write up your menu and take a turn around the kitchen and fix yourself something that you enjoy, like awful waffles with blueberries, or some lemon pancakes, or the good old dropped egg on toast . . . okay, that does it, I'm off to fix my breakfast and I would share if you were here.   Go, make your day special, just like you . . . don't forget your good deed, your smile and your touch today;  be a beacon , a ray of sunshine, the light in someone's eye. . . be YOU.   Hugs to all.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...