Monday, May 23, 2016

Fun

Friend Angie playing around.   She is such a lovely lady and so much fun.   She isn't afraid to live life and I am very proud of her, besides she likes me.

I heard this many times and a smack on the rear made it a truism.

I remember there was a gypsy family that came to our town every year and took up residence in  an empty store.  We used to walk on the other side of the street as we were often told they loved to steal children and take them away.   I wonder why I wanted to be one.   Here is the answer....at long last.   

A new week, weather wise it is still spring and it is a bit chilly out there this morning.    I woke at three a.m. and made my coffee and sat at the puzzle trying to make some color code to it, hoping it would help in solving this outrageous puzzle which is a puzzle within a puzzle, a maze to be exact and all pieces alike.    It is going to take patience, lots of it, and time.  The frame has been taken apart several times now that I found the cheat sheet.   I wish they had printed it in color but it is a light burnished brown shade and nothing shows clearly.  Some cheat sheet.
 
I had a restful weekend and think I have finally caught up with myself.   It was wonderful to have my children here and I truly loved every minute of their company but I overdid it, thinking I was Katrina The Great , only to find that I am close to being the ancient mariner.    Vinnie showed up and wanted to be read to.   I thought, for a minute or two, that I was being punished for being away for two weeks, but, he was having some issues with his health and just didn't feel up to sitting quietly and listening.   He has had shingles and they are slow to go away, and, painful to boot.   We had a nice read and then I showed him the pictures from the birthday bash and he was surprised we could light all 92 candles on one cake without ruining it.   What is a little wax between bites.  Smile!!
 
So a new week begins and there are chores that need doing.   The refrigerator needs defrosting, something I never had to do with my old one.    I hate that job.   Well, hate is a big word, let us just say 'dislike' and that will fit the bill.    I don't have a lot of food stored in it so it should not take all day.    It is a tiny refrigerator, fits my needs at this point in time.  Then I will go shopping for some new food, but not to much as food spoils if you do not use it within a couple of days.    Not sure if it is the refrigerator or the food itself.  It just doesn't last like it use to.     So many fillers and changes in our foods these days.   Best to buy small and more often I guess.   
 
So take a peek around your kitchen and see what has to be done today.   Check out all the food stuff and make sure it is still edible.    Some of us have a tendency to hoard and it just doesn't pay off after a few drays.    So off I go to make my list and decide what it is I would like for small supper meals and soup is always a preference for me.    A cup of soup, a half sandwich and a small desert always makes the day a good one.    So make your list, check it and decide what it is you want for this coming week.   Breakfast food tastes good in the evening....an awful waffle never goes to waste.    I noted the store has blueberries on sale this week so you know one of the items on my list.    If you are close by, come on over and I'll make some blueberry pancakes.    Be good, be kind, be neighborly.   Share YOU with those you like and love.    Hugs to all.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...