Friday, May 20, 2016

Endings

An all steel car.   A cutie.    Bet it rides smoothly.    I wouldn't mind owning one of those.   Wonder what they cost.

I started to walk around with my camera, then I fooled around with the camera and have messed it up.  I wish Erin were here to give me lessons on how to fix the camera so it took pictures like this again.    This is a tree in front of Ridgemont.  The driveway leads to another huge building where the ill are housed until they recuperate.   

These are more of the bushes in the front of Ridgemont.    This is the front lawn of Ridgemont.  The outfit that comes to keep the yard up are really good at what they do and they work rain or shine.
 
Well all good things must come to an end.  My two sons are gone, back to their homes and will be catching up with the chores they left behind.    Mike left the other day and is already back to building the float for the June parade;  a Pirate boat called the 'Rum Runner'.   When Mike A. asked us for suggestions for a name, I thought 'Two Mikes" would be a good one, but the 'Rum Runner" fits the theme and son Michael is doing a great job of making the float look real, and Mike A. is dong his bit to add to it.  How they love a parade and Gardnerville seems to thrive on them.    I would love to be there to cheer them on.  
 
John is leaving, probably right now as he has an early flight to get to Delaware.   He will be in the air most of the day and probably will not get home until late tonight.   At least a six hour flight.   Hope they have a good movie to watch.   John was helping me with a jigsaw puzzle and it is a real tough one.  It is different and difficult, and now I get to try and do it all by myself...not fair....more fingers and eyes are needed for this one.   If I get it finished, and I hope I will, I am going to send it to a certain couple who deserve to be tantalized with it.   Something like not getting mad, but even...smile.
 
All of the celebrations have come to an end and I have to say my children did it up 'in spades';  I had so much fun, laughter, and treats that I am now willing to get back to normal and rest awhile.    I will join the Ridgemont folks for clam chowder today and I think I will share the goodies as I could never eat all the chocolate cake by myself, or the cookies that Doris baked and the store bought cookies.  I'd be three sizes bigger and I wouldn't like that.   Some things are made to share and these are at the top of the list.
 
So today, share . . . share you with those you love;   share the goodies you have bought and hidden away for another time;   share a touch, a word, a hug, a smile and the list goes on.   Give what you have away and it all comes back a thousand fold.  Reach for the gold medal of sharing today and do just that...SHARE!!!   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...