Monday, May 16, 2016

New Days


John found ninety two candles and plotted and planned the final decoration for the delicious carrot cake, my favorite,

It took a lot of helping hands to get those 92 candles lit .  I had help from Mike, John, and Christine cheered us on while Pat took the picture.   Christine baked the cake  and made a wonderful Meatball and Spaghetti dinner.  
And a greeting from our Erin from Hawaii.

There was a reception at the Gallery yesterday and the judges chose the winners.  I would not offer to be a judge as there are just to many really talented artists here in Port Orchard.   A good showing and when John, Michael and I visited, the word was out I was having a birthday and I got a lot of those bear hugs I talk about.   As you can see from the pictures above, we met at Christine's home for dinner and it was such fun as they teased me and almost set the world a blaze with the flame.  They expected me to blow them all out and I made a good try at it.   It has been a banner week surrounded by my children and a happy one.   It is coming to an ending as Mike leaves tomorrow and John on Friday.   I have been wined and dined and taken out and treated like a Queen  so turning 92, going on 93 as auntie would say, was a lot of fun, a true memory builder.

While the ladies were working at setting up the food table at the gallery, my two sons and I  went for a ride along the water to Manchester and back.   It is a lovely ride along the water and there are many big beautiful homes , all with a view, and some for sale at a price I couldn't afford.    It is a place for boating but there were no boats out yesterday.  The ferry boats were doing their usual runs, from the little ferry boat to the huge one heading to Seattle.    The weather stayed cool and a tiny sprinkle of rain drops so all was as it should be...perfect.
 
Your laugh for the day.  When I got back to my studio apartment and sat in my chair, took off my shoes and put my feet up, I turned on the television and hunkered down to catch up on a little of what is going on in the world , and promptly fell fast asleep.  My party days caught up with me.   I woke up in time to go to bed but not until I put in  an hour of reading.  
 
Again, my thanks to each of you who called and sent such loving cards.    I wish I could spend time with each of you.  You are the bright lights on my stage and I am truly grateful for your friendship and love.  
 
So today, be the one person in someone's life that brings happiness and contentment.   Be the light that shines and make someone you like and love feel like the most important person in this world.    Share YOU with someone special today and I guarantee what goes around comes around and you will feel like a King or Queen too.    Love does make your world a much better place.  Hugs develop into a sense of being, a tiny kiss brings sparkle to your eyes, and those three little words make life worth while.    Go SHINE today as only YOU can.  Hugs to all. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...