Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Bye

A yellow bird, shy and lovely with its unusual coat of feathers..

the Sierras where son Michael heads for today.  Yes, he is leaving.  I hope to see him and the mountains before the summer is over.   When I lived and worked in Carson City, Nevada, I had a view similar to this out my office window every day.    

The artists here in Port Orchard are very supportive of each other.   Each one has a special talent and their work attests to some very beautiful pictures of our world and the folks who live in it.    Each  piece is a tribute to their special talent and a love for the scene they are painting.   It could be a person, an animal or a view of the spectacular floral and fauna of our surroundings.   How lucky to be in an area where the artists are appreciated and their work 'hung' for all the folks to see.  The doors are open and the gallery , housed in one of the oldest buildings in town, has a charm all its own.    There are museum artifacts in the upper floor , a history of the town .    People of this town live busy lives and not everyone is prone to visit museums and art  galleries, but the hard work of the Sidney Art Gallery board and the many volunteers bring them out for the new 'shows' every month .  The table filled with special treats of all kinds is a work of art all its own...and deliciously tempting.     
Yesterday, Sunday all day, a few rain drops and a nice cool day, I'd say a bit more like sweater weather and a lovely ride off to Silverdale and the huge Costco store there.    I was invited along for the ride and took advantage of some time to walk the aisles.  The carts are tall enough to lean on and the feet forgot to be slow and old and you can take off like a spring chicken. I checked out the shelves filled with all kinds of tempting things, and found some new tasty health food bars to try.    I didn't get all of the aisles done, but I did get quite a few so the legs got a good workout.   We found a favorite pizza restaurant to visit and waited patiently for our hot out of the oven pizza for our lunch. We got back in time to watch some of the series called "The Last Ship" ;  if you haven't watched it, do, it is well done.   When I started to nod, the family members realized I had an entire week of fun and food to last me for some time and they gave me a ride back to Ridgemont and my chair.   Of course I sat down , turned on the television, took my shoes off and got comfortable.   I couldn't tell you what I was watching, but I am sure my neighbors heard the snoring.    A week of celebrating finally caught up with me.  

So today, if you have not had a family reunion, start thinking about planning for one.    They are the necessary glue that keeps you all bound together in love .    A bond that should never be broken.  Be a healer today, reach out and touch someone you love.   No one said it would be easy;   just do it;   be the one with the big heart;  the one filled with love  that knows no bounds.   There are folks who have no family and some folks have a knack for making friends family;   it's easy when you have love to share and bonding becomes a good habit bringing the missing piece of your life's puzzle into a perfect circle of life.   Be a healer.  Touch someone today.    Seems I have mentioned this once or twice before, but then I am as old as Methuselah  and have learned how important it is to have 'family' to give you hope and love.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...