Sunday, May 15, 2016

Time Flies

Sands of Time....Foot Prints In The Sand.........Yes, I've left many. . . today is my birthday. . . 92 !!!  WOW!!!

And my children are here to help me celebrate.   

It has been a banner week with a road trip, meals out, meals in, birthdays to celebrate , a time of sharing and caring...ah, life is good as cards and calls from friends highlighted the week.  I got married on my birthday so it was a double celebration every year. . . wow, that tells a tale of time passing like the wink of an eye.   
 
I have been blessed.   My children are loving, caring and sharing precious time with me and that , my friends, is a gift that is priceless.   
 
Speaking of gifts , when I got back to Ridgemont last evening, there was a note on my door asking me to stop by Doris' apartment .  I went down the hall to find her waiting for me.  This young lady, almost one hundred this year, had baked not only the breakfast roles I love but two kinds of cookies.  They were all wrapped and ready for me to take 'home'.   A lovely surprise and a truly delicious one.   Believe me, my heart is full.
 
So my cards are on display and as I look at each one and read and reread them over and over, I am feeling very much like a  "Queen for a Day"!!   It makes 92 seem like a good age to be.  
 
Thank you all for thinking of me, and for  the beautiful cards  I am off to a breakfast buffet this morning with my children.   I wish you were all here to join us.    Wouldn't that be a special gathering.   Yes....I'd like that.
 
So today, check your list and see who is having a birthday and take time to make their day bright and beautiful.    Birthdays are not about ageing but about having fun celebrating the fact that you are growing older and wiser and enjoying your seconds as they come.    A time to celebrate.   A time to enjoy life.   A time to share.   A time to care.   And, it comes around once a year.    Celebrate!!  
 
Hugs to all.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...