Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Good Men

The words are true to a point, a blank statement such as this is not always the best way to tell a story.  The men who wore bib overalls and worked the earth and worked their fingers and backs to the bone were the backbone of the United States and whatever country they lived in.   The men in suits cannot be generalized as some of them tried to serve in their capacity of leadership to the best of their ability and make their nations better for all their citizens.    There are always some who are selfish, greedy and try to ruin their country without a thought to the folks who voted them in.    We live and learn one day at a time that it is not the clothes that make a man but the heart and soul within.    I had a special friend who wore bib overalls and I'd wish him back to share time and friendship all over again.    I am betting you can count some bib overalls in your life too.  As for 'the suits', some have given their all to make things better;  some will have to face up to their behavior and I, for one, would not like to be in their shoes.   Think, when it comes time to vote this time.   
 
Yesterday was a sweet day;  a laid back day with no rush or fuss.   Christine had work to catch up after she saw Michael off; and he got home fine and called to let us know he got there safe and sound.   Patricia, John and I watched more of "The Last Ship" which is very well done ; and we had to give it up to have our dinner.  the ladies had a meeting to attend so John and I stopped at the Lighthouse for a salad.  You have heard of salad days, well we wanted and needed something light ...just right.  A week of feasting has us all ready to go back to our normal diets before we spread out all over this place.  It has been a memory building week , one we would be happy to repeat over and over but back to normal living is in store and we will get back into our regular life style with a full and happy memory bank.
 
I have a new puzzle on the table which is very different.   It is called "Lost in a jigsaw", The diagonal maze puzzle, doesn't that sound interesting.    I have the pieces on the puzzle board and I am sorting them out right now.   It looks impossible.  It looks like I will be moaning and groaning trying to get it started as it is not like the usual puzzle where you have a frame.  This one starts with the first square in the center making a garden labyrinth and it is called "Escape from Eden'.    It goes in an "X" pattern and I am already confused even though the first block could be the last one and I am already lost in the maze to be.    Come help. I could use it.
 
So today, lay out a jig saw puzzle on your table and get to work putting it together.    I think it teaches patience but I have friends who think I'm really gone as they don't find it relaxing but frustrating.   I'll need help so stop in when you have time.  ....I wish!!!
 
Be good, be gentle, be patient in all you do today.     A good deed or two, a happy smile from the eyes, a touch of your hand and someone will light up and have a wonderful day.     Be generous with YOU, that's all it takes to make someone you like and love happy today.    Reach out , it is so much better than sitting on your hands.    Hugs, hugs, hugs,   . . . sigh . . . I could use a couple right now as my family spreads their wings and get back to living their own lives.   How lucky they shared themselves with me and made me queen for a week.    Try it, give of yourself and make your family members smile today.   Think how much fun it is to share You with those you love.    Ah, the benefits you reap!!  Hugs to all.
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...