Thursday, May 19, 2016

Puzzles

If you save a life it becomes yours.    a truism.

Well all of the hullabaloo is gone and all the celebrating is over for another year . . . family wise, as Mike has returned to Nevada and John is leaving today for Delaware.     He has a long flight ahead of him so today will be a travel day, long into the evening hours.   It was such a gift to have my children all together .   I have no idea when and if it can be done again, time will tell.

I think we 'ate' our way through the days and in between meal time too.    All the favorites were made;  all the restaurants got a bit of our business and each of us have started a new thought to resolutions and go on a diet and get back in shape.   It may take a bit longer than we think.   

Facebook messages and pictures have been coming in from Ireland where Barbara and her daughter are visiting.   Yes, they kissed the Blarney stone yesterday and I am hoping they were blessed with a zillion words to tell us all about their trip when they come home.    It has been such fun to revisit Ireland through their eyes.    I would love to do it again, one more time, a lovely country, great folks and sights to see.    If I had money, I 'd be off on a repeat tour and this time I would add Italy just to throw a coin in the fountain.  

Our weather stayed cool while my sons were visiting and it looks like today is no exception.    We may have a few rain showers before the day is over , a sort of back to normal weather pattern here in the Northwest.    A bit more than sweater weather as the heater kicked on this morning. I did go to lunch with my Ridgemont friends yesterday and they were happy to see me.    One of my favorite ladies is in the hospital because of a sugar diabetes flare up.   She had not been feeling good for a few weeks so the news is not good. 
 
   I brought them some of the left over party cake from the gallery goodies and some of the leftover birthday cake.    They are always happy to see deserts.    I had sent up cookies and candy as there is no way I can eat all of that sweet stuff up, by myself.   sharing is caring...I keep saying that.  For one reason or another deserts put a smile on our faces, not to mention what it does to our posterior.
 
So today, bake a cake, and sit back and enjoy a piece with your favorite beverage.    if you have been 'over' busy, take your shoes off and sit for awhile.    Rest up and do a lot of nothing special.  Keeping busy is great, but resting the body and mind is essential to keeping your good health.    Be a slug today.    You have to rest up so you can enjoy the upcoming weekend.  Share a few thoughts and deeds with those you like and love.     Be good, be kind, be generous to a fault.    A touch, a kiss, a sweet soft word does wonders;  try  it and see for yourself.     Hugs to all.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...