Thursday, April 28, 2016

Thursday

Another picture of paper cutting art by Calvin.    Amazing!

A walk in the woods, spring flowers, beauty at its best.

I love old barns.    Serenity.

It was nice enough yesterday to think of walking to the corner.   I remembered Doris enjoyed a walk out a week or so ago so I knocked on her door and invited her along.   It didn't take her but a minute to put her shoes on.    It was lovely out and we walked to the corner and back and I invited her in for a cup of tea.    Pat surprised me with a quick stop and had brought some red velvet cake she made, just in time for our tea party.  She didn't stay but we enjoyed her cake and I was glad to see she had gotten several pieces of the puzzle.    So one never knows what the day will bring and nice surprises make it a very good day. 
Doris and I had a gab session and I heard a lot of tales of yesteryear and school days.    She had a teacher named Miss Sullivan and was, in her own words, teachers pet.   She was tall for her age and made herself useful so got to be a favorite.   She told of riding her bicycle around those huge lily fields we just visited recently.  She lived in that area  for years before the family moved up closer to this area.  Seattle seems to be where a lot of the folks of Ridgemont came from.    She laughed as she said she could remember way back but not what she had for breakfast.   One of the joys of old age. 

Wednesday is a five dollar hamburger special at Moon Doggie Two café in town so I called Pat and invited her out for one.    We were early so had to wait for the official time of serving these monsters but the wait was worth it and I chose some cold slaw to go with mine.   they have a special every night and I am waiting to find out when ribs are served.    That would be a treat.   

Pat has been taking care of Christine's two black cats. They are missing her.   Pat said the one with the crooked tail , who ignores everyone, has been greeting her at the door.   Both want to be cuddled and both want Christine back.   Cats do not like to be ignored;  but they sure love to ignore you.

So today if you have a cat, try ignoring it and see what happens.   You will find it is all right for them to ignore you but not the other way around.    Treat your animals well as they deserve it for all the love they share.    Pat's dog Emma gets full treatment from the cats when she goes for a visit.  They completely ignore her.  So be good, be kind, be gentle with all of your animal friends as you are with your people friends.    All they want is a little loving;  um....I know that one.     I bet you do too.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...