Friday, April 29, 2016

Friday Almost

A truism    We get out of life what we put into it, no more, no less.   Think about that.

Emma . . . and the couch is mine today!






The  Sierra Mountains.   Son Michael sees this view every morning when he opens the drapes.  

A truism   You may not get the response you want when you write to your Congressmen and Women and the Senators, as well, but they do keep a count of the letters they get and sometimes they pay attention. . . not as we wish them to, but at least we have our say and we can let them know we do vote.

Here it is Friday, I said almost as I woke up at three a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep.  I spent some time converting some of the pictures from an area they wouldn't come up, to one I hope will be easier to deal with when I want to share a picture with you.  Sometimes I put one up more than once but then you have to remember I am not getting younger every day.
 
Well, Vinnie and I had a good long read yesterday to make up for our days away.  He has been down with a head cold, although he says he does not have one.    I hate to be the bearer of  bad news but all that coughing and blowing has a meaning and to me it is 'a cold'. . . if I catch one he is going to hear about if for a very long time.  He brought me a plain brown card to put under the words as I read, nice gesture, guess he didn't like that red white and blue flag one I was using.   I send him on his way with an ice cream sandwich  and made his day.
 
We had one of the new ladies, I think she said her name was Lois, and enjoyed having her at the table.  She has been wise and has taken a turn at each table so it wont be long before she remembers names and feels at home.    I see the new man, Larry, coming up more often to dinner.  That's a good sign as he was staying alone in his room for weeks.    The crowd, for the most part, are quiet and friendly.   One or two make an effort to welcome a new one, but some seem afraid to make the first move.    Sometimes I am reminded of the first day of school.    It has to be scary to be the new kid on the block.   Some have been here for years, others fairly new so they could and should make more of an effort to welcome someone new, according to me. . .
 
Pat and I are looking forward to our Christine coming home tomorrow.    She has had a good week and a productive one but is anxious to get home.   Her two black cats have been patient enough and they are beginning to wonder where she is and why she isn't waiting on them hand and foot.   They have gotten so they pat her on the cheek telling her it is time for their dinner, or time to pay attention to them.    It will be interesting to see if they ignore her when she walks in the door.   You haven't lived until you have been ignored by a cat!!
 
So today, take care of your prize animals so you will not be ignored.   Take them to task if they do not behave , but give them a little extra attention when they do.  They will soon get the message.    Our Emma is a good dog and loves to be loved.   She greets us like long lost souls.   She would love to be a lap dog, but she is just to big and beautiful.   
 
Are you ready?   . . . Be good, be kind, be gentle, take time today to meet and greet someone new and different.   Pay attention to the little things in life and spend some of your seconds doing a good deed ...or two...and brighten someone's day.   A hug, a smile, a warm greeting and you have friends for life.    Know I wish you a sunshine day even n the midst of a ran storm.    Time to get out the garden catalogs.  You have work to do.   Lazy is a fault, so do not be lazy.   Get up, get going and plant the seeds well both in your garden as well as your heart.   Hugs to all. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...