Friday, April 22, 2016

Gorse

Is that Sam Elliot?    Ah, 'the Voice"   we would all like 'his shoes under the bed' as the old adage goes....he is  smart, and he pays attention to what is going on in the political world.

Some folks think he is a king;  well he acts like one. 

Like bad politics , the gorse is spreading all over the highways and byways.   It is pretty to look at, adds a bit of color to a drab roadway but it is insidious as it spreads and chokes everything in its path.

Hey, it's Friday, the end of the work week and on to a weekend which is going to be a bit wet if Oregon keeps thinking of sending their rain up here.    It is okay, we are used to it and it has been strange spring weather.    What is with this 'wanna be' summer already?    It will get here all on its own sooner than we think, in fact I opened the blinds and it looks wet out there.

I sat outside the entrance door waiting for my daughter, Christine, to pick me up as we had a dinner date at Pat's house.   She was cooking up her chicken enchiladas, as only she can.  Christine and I were ready to partake of one very delicious meal.  As I unfolded my puzzle, sat in a summer chair and watched the wind blow through the trees, I couldn't help notice a tall leafy tree, much like a weeping willow, sway with the breeze.   It looks so graceful and reminded me of ballet dancers.  Nature has its moments and it is special when we can be an audience of one and just watch.

The folks coming in didn't have their keys so I did my good deed and opened the door for them.  It wasn't just one, but three separate little groups who had been out to shop or were coming in for a visit with one of our folks here in Ridgemont.   I wonder if Karen wants to hire me as I a doorman to my list of accomplishments.  I was all set for a wait so brought the crypto quote puzzle that is in the newspaper, and my pencil, already for a sit down with a chance to sit outside in the sunshine.    Who knew traffic would be heavy, and it was the foot traffic I refer to.    One couple were coming for a visit but their hostess was not at home.  They left, went off and had a bite to eat and came back and this time were lucky and found their friend at home.    I heard they went to the Bowling Alley for their lunch and bragged about how good it was.   They are known for their delicious hamburgers.    There were five teen girls who came in, have no idea who they were visiting but I am sure their hostess was one very happy lady.   Talk about giggles,  you could hear them through the closed door.  
 
I did get out to do a bit of shopping yesterday.    We went to the dollar store, where the prices are right and found some lovely cards for future sending.    You may not get the priciest card around, but you will enjoy the hugs within, I guarantee. When Hallmark and like companies decided to price from five dollars up for a card it is time to make a change and find a way to make your own.   We have a class here at Ridgemont once in a while and it is fun, not hard to do and you can put a lot of smiles and laughter into your card.    I seem to be on a rampage, just talked about all this yesterday and probably the day before....why?   because it irritates my mind to find out the shopkeepers who depend on us to spend our hard earned cash, think nothing about pricing their wares higher than a kite . . . well, we aren't going to fly them anymore.. . . we'll show them!  OR... Pick up the telephone and make a call. . . that will how them....smile.
 
So today, if someone you love is having a birthday, make the call, sing out loud and urge them on to a bigger and better year.    Age is a number, not a life style.    You take those precious moments one second at a time and enjoy each and every one of them .   Everyday is not going to be a banner day, but it a bump in a long road, so learn to make your seconds count by being YOU, the one who knows how to live life, not just put up with it.  AND, if  YOU share YOU with those you love and even like, then YOU will be one very happy person with a grin from ear to ear.   So grin...be YOU.  Hugs to all.
 
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...