Monday, January 25, 2016

Awesome

World Trade Memorial, a piece of the building;  steel hands with the names of each victim .  An awesome display, a memory to share and never forgotten.  

My granddaughter took this picture on a beach in Hawaii.  I have no idea what it is and I really don't want to know.  Yuk!! BUT interesting as long as I don't  have to touch it.

When it snows and earth shaking blizzard there is always good use of the snow;  an outside refrigerator!!  How clever can you get?    Someone has an imagination  and a sunshine look at using up some snow.

Another picture of the service man who stood duty at the grave of the Unknown Soldier.   That is snow on his cap.   I hope he wore 'long johns' ;   blessings to the young service men who stand watch.  An honored tradition.   Such pride and love.

Something to think about when you plan your garden this coming spring.    What would we do without our beautiful Monarchs?  

It makes me think of a song I learned a very long time ago . . . "One summer day, in the month of May, a burly bum came hikin,, down the shady lane through the sugar can, a lookin for his liken.  He roamed along and he sang song of a land of milk and honey, where a bum can stay for many a day, and he don't need any money.   Oh the buzzin of the bees in the cigarette trees, near the soda water fountain, near the lemonade spring where the blue birds sing, in the big rock candy mountain."
 
How's that for a Monday morning?   Yeah, I'm awake, had one cup of coffee and more than ready for a refill, so hang tight while I go get one and think up a few words for you this morning.
 
"Ah,   Taste good . . .  I'm back!!!   I'd pour you a cup if you were here. . . I'd like that.  We could sit and enjoy some of those fancy donuts you stopped to get.....well my imagination  runs over....but....you could do just that and stop in and surprise a friend this morning who would be happy to share time with you.  I know I would.
 
I got to walk the Walmart aisles yesterday for a short time.   I went looking for some of their warm and cozy sweat sets to add a new set to my worn out ones.    I have to tell you that they are very comfortable, do not ride up, and after a few years the material stretches. ...a first...I never had that happen before.  I know I haven't shrunk so what makes the material 'grow' is beyond me, never happened before.  Usually they just wear out and you go buy a new set.   Now I am curious as to just how big they will stretch as the bottoms get longer and the shirts get shorter....go figure...it is a mystery.   Cloth with a mind of its own.  A bit spooky too.  The store was crowded, haven't heard if it is to be one of the Walmart stores that is closing.   I can't imagine them closing any stores as they always seem to be doing a big rushing business....wonder if China's problems have anything to do with it.    Wonder why they are having to close anyway. . . a lot of folks depend on them as it fits their budget.   Maybe the owners just made enough money to retire in a style they were never accustomed to and want to get away from it all.   
 
We had a bit of sunshine yesterday and it felt so good.    It is nice to be able to open the door and let a bit of fresh air into the apartment.    Hopefully we will get a bit more today and be able to take a walk around the block in fresh air and sunshine. . . I'd like that.    Hopefully those who got snow up tot he kazookas and back are out enjoying the sunshine, a sled ride down a big hill and a hot chocolate party when they have had enough.    Dress warmly, find a big hill, slide and laugh out loud.   Have a fun 'snow' day.  Invite a friend along;  maybe a snowshoe hike across a field or meadow would be a good idea.   You can go back to work when the snowplows open the pathways;  just hope they don't rush . . a little down time never hurt anyone.
 
YOU can make someone happy today . . . didn't know you had it in you did you?    Well, you do. . . so share you with those you love and like.    It is so good for you and those on the receiving end think so too.   The best of all is that it doesn't hurt one bit . . . in fact it makes you 'glow'.    So be a ray of sunshine today and shine.   Hugs to all.  
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...