Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Sights

Sheep going through a gate . . . similar to Black Friday after Thanksgiving.

I wonder if this is the calm before the storm.    Rainbows were being made as the storm passed. An awesome sight.

Talk about beach rocks . . . can't put those in your pocket.  

Be prepared for a lecture this morning as the two sided coin makes its way into the blog.    Those of you who have families should get down on your knees and thank the Almighty for giving you a gift that is beyond measure.   Here at Ridgemont there are forty five 'old' folks , some with family members that care, some without family at all, some with family that have distanced themselves living their lives without a thought to the  one who spent a life time giving them the best they knew how to give.    You want to shout out and say 'yes, you have a busy life, and I am happy for you, but take a second to remember I am not useless, I am not selfish to want a second or two of your time;  I earned it. . . I really don't want all of your time.  I just want to hear your voice, see your smile and hear the three little words. . .I love you.  It is the difference between being loved or being rejected.  

Yesterday I went down to mail a letter and found one of our ladies sitting all alone in the main entrance room.   I stopped to say hello and was greeted with . . . "I feel so depressed, can't shake it.  I couldn't stand to be in my apartment a second longer.   Why wont someone stop by and say hello" . . . A good question .   She asked if I would get her mail for her and I did.  I pulled up my walker and sat down and visited to find she had not had lunch or dinner.   Her age has caught up with her and she can hardly move, yet those who lead think she is fine and she is far from it.   I followed her to her apartment and fixed her something to eat.   It takes a minute of my time to heat something up and make sure she has something in her stomach.    She felt better, ate some of her plate but her appetite is not strong.    Food is our fuel....how often I say that...and it is, but some folks just lose their appetite and fade away.    While there her daughter called and I was put on the phone to hear her say how glad she was that I was there.....she has no idea that I am not ''there' and she should be.   Her mother had used up all her medications and she was sending them by mail. . . meanwhile the 'game' is being played and the results yet to follow.  

I do know there is two sides to every coin.  I do know how difficult it is for some to give of time and themselves when they have demands of living their lives with their own family and friends.   But, the proverbial but...one has to budget their time so that they can give a second or two of quality time to the 'old' folks.     That second or two can be the difference of feeling loved or forgotten.    The arguments go on and on about the dilemma ,   and each one is a right one  . . . or is it?

Today, sit down with your cup of choice and think.   Ask yourself if you are doing all that you can to let your family know how much you truly care.    Bury the hatchet if you are on the outs.   Life is too short.    Do what YOU can to make your world a better place.    Take the second or two to pick up the telephone or whatever your modern method of correspondence is, and, break the silence.    Write a note and end it with the three little words...."I love you."    It could be the phase that makes their day one that is bearable.    Remember when you were tiny and needed to be taken care of?  Well, for some folks a second childhood has come about and the needs are still there. . . you have an answer to some prayers. . . so . . . don't sit there, act on your thoughts and feelings and bring your family together with all of the kindness and love within your heart.  Be a GIVER . . . and a RECIEVER. . . as it is truly a two way street of life. . . Be a 'healer';   be YOU and start the ball rolling in your court and watch what happens in your lives.

 

Be a two blue footed Boobie....and share your day with those you like and love. 

Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...