Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Hump Day

Erin and Emma find the hammock a good place to hide out in the back yard.  
Daisies....there is something about a daisy that makes one feel alive.
Something to think about!!

A new day, a warm June day, the folks are driving out today to visit an old time store and I didn't check the board so didn't sign up...oh well...maybe next time.    It has been a busy week so I can use a down day to rest up and catch up on some reading, writing, and maybe even balance my check book.   There are things that need doing that we have a way of putting off for a better time that never seems to come.    The workers are parking their cars and coming in for a new work day.  The blinds are still down in the hospital wing.   Very quiet around here early mornings.  Well, actually it is quiet around here all the time.   The sky is a pale blue, the leaves on the huge trees are still and silence prevails.   Early mornings are like that.My second cup of coffee tastes as good as the first cup and there is nothing good to go with it....you can share your coffee bun, I'm not fussy.

I went grocery shopping yesterday and didn't remember to get the things I was out of...who thinks of toothpicks..um...there are some things you cannot do without..smile.    I'll make a list.

The workers are walking in slowly and I am amazed these health workers are smoking.   I would think that working with the ill they would realize that there are  some things one has to give up in order to stay alive and well.    I used to smoke, many long years ago, don't remember how or why I gave them up but I did and never thought to miss them.   I suppose I exchanged on bad habit for another and allowed those sweet things to take precedent.  Someone mentioned 'moderation' and easy word to slip out of the mouth but so hard to put into practice.    Into each life some rules must fall, but why sweets....smile.....um...oh for a big fat jelly doughnut!!!

So, I am off to the kitchen and see what I can find to go with my second cup of coffee.   I am awake now, so toasting some raisin bread seems like a likely thing to do...and tasty!!   So head for your kitchen and get busy making you some breakfast.   Enjoy and don't forget a refill.    i'm off to fill my cup and there is nothing good in this house;   oh well, a bit of jelly on toast should fit the bill.    Want some....come and get it!!!  Hugs to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...