Saturday, April 15, 2017

Easter Saturday!!!

Happy Easter Saturday, don't forget to get some holy water as today is the day it is blessed and ready to take some home .  Sprinkle some around your house for new blessings this year.
So practice compassion and tolerance every day this year.
a truism.

It is Easter Saturday, the blessing of Holy Water , not sure if it is still done but once upon a time we followed the Lenten season to its end and Holy Saturday meant going for some holy water to take back home and sprinkle around to ask for blessings in our home for the coming year.   We all needed blessings then and still do a far as I can tell.    I don't follow the road a I used to, but, I do remember some of the beautiful rituals that we did follow.  We were blessed in so many ways in having such wonderful meaningful traditions to follow.  It really brought many blessings into our lives and we were all the better for it.  

Daughter Patricia gave me a lovely little angel for my desk.  She will keep me company and help me to think so I can tell you all kinds of tales this coming year.   She stands about five inches tall, has a wreath of green leaves on her head, wire wings and her arms are hanging long with her hands clasped.   Her face is blank so you can imagine all kinds of thoughts she might be having;  hopefully good ones that mean some lovely days ahead and some fabulous tales to tell.   Let us hope so!!

Pat took me out to lunch yesterday and we found a restaurant hidden away in a alley.  Not a soul in the place, lovely elephant designed table cloths of damask material and rustic colors.   The food was excellent so we have a new place to revisit on occasion.   We finished up our shopping and I returned to Ridgemont and the scheduled musical group .   There were about ten folks ready to play for us and they did .  Some hymns I never heard of and more than I few I did know.  Singing and tapping the toes does a lot for the mind.  

So today, take the time to visit the church of your choice.  Light a candle.   Say a prayer, or two, for all of us as the need is always there.    Remember good deeds are special prayers.   Be generous in word and deed and spread a little joy around.    Easter is a new beginning;  think of all the things you want to change in your life like taking better care of your health;   doing at least one good deed each day,  and burying the hatchet if you have been hacking away at someone or something.   A new start beginning on Easter Sunday morning.    A second chance, now that the New Year is well on its way.   Don't waste your seconds as they are as precious as gold and silver.    Decide that you will be the best you can be and give of yourself with all the love and patience you are noted for;  don't change;   be YOU . . . did I tell you how glad I am you are in my life.....well darlin' I'm telling you now!!   GO!!!! BE YOU!!!!   and we will all be blessed.    Happy Easter.   Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...