Saturday, June 25, 2016

About Time

A truism.  I keep telling you we only get one second at a time so use them wisely.  What is that old adage..something to do with haste makes waste.    

This picture reminded me of being told I didn't have to jump of a cliff just because someone else did.  I gather following sometimes seems easier than leading but then we pay a price we are not always happy with.   

Friend Marge , in Brookings, has a lovely home filled with beauty and here is one of them, a fig tree.  I hope she will write and tell me all about it .  Will she have to transplant it a bit later.  How big does a fig tree get?

Our weekend has arrived.   I am going out to breakfast with my girls and meet up with some friends of Christine.   Two ladies are making plans for an upcoming event in August and are looking for ideas for a Pirate theme.   I think we have a few ideas in mind so will share our thoughts and get our act together to help make another successful event happen.    Half the fun is in plotting and planning.   Then we have a date to meet with John and Robin and have breakfast which will be fun.  John has just retired from his truck driving work and will have lots of tales to tell.   I wonder what he will do with himself now as he is not one to sit still.   It will be good to have him home and hopefully share more time with the two of them.  

Meanwhile I am walking around with a boo boo.  I had the cupboard door open, and it is at head level, reached up to get the coffee can from the top shelf, which is a dumb place for the coffee can  holding three pounds of coffee,  and  hit my forehead on the edge of the door creating a quarter size rainbow of color on my forehead.  Hey wait a minute.  I am going to go fill my cup with hot coffee and wake up...I'll be right back.

I'm back..ah!!!  One sip begets two. . . I opened the blinds to see a grey sky, a quiet parking lot and silence.  No wind this morning, not a leaf stirring.  The new shift is coming in for hospital duty this morning.  I can hear the closing of the car doors.   I don't know the car makes by name but some of them are new and the predominate color seems to be a navy blue. I have not seen a clunker yet so the pay scale may be good around here.    It has to be a very tough job though, and one has to be very dedicated to take on the responsibility of caring for the ill.  

I just got thrown out and found my way back.   I think I had better love you and leave you and go get ready for my adventure out this morning.  I didn't have a lot of words for you this morning.  Some days I am 'in' and that begets down time so there is nothing special to talk about.    The 'inmates' are quiet and pretty much stay to themselves and don't seem to want to share themselves with others.   Most find napping to their pleasure;  some join in a bingo or card game;  some are reading a good book and can't get back to it fast enough.    Most would like to be elsewhere sharing time with those they love, and they do when they can.    My neighbor, Evelyn, is gone until Sunday as she took off for Spokane, Washington and a visit to her brother whom she has not seen in a year or so.   She will have tales to tell at the dinner table when she returns.   Meanwhile, I am off to put my shoes on and get going for my outing.   It should be fun.

So today, find some place to go for an outing.  Take a friend or family member along and pack your smiles along with you.   Treat yourself to lunch out and choose a restaurant that has your most favorite foods.    A bit of Mexican?  A bit of Chinese?  Maybe a big fat juicy hamburger or a hot dog with relish and tasty onions.   Only you can choose your favorite lunch, so do it and enjoy every morsel.    Just enjoy your favorite 'things' and relax and enjoy your seconds.  Just remember food is your fuel and that is what feeds the brain and gives you the best ideas of what to do with your seconds today.    Fill them with love and laughter and have a ball.   Don't forget to be good, be kind, be gentle and spread those hugs around.  Hugs to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...