Sunday, February 26, 2017

Wake UP!!

Coffee is on, cup is ready to fill, and best of all there is a huge bran muffin waiting to devour.  Daughter Christine brought me a muffin the size of a small cake and there is no one to share it with..oh dear, guess I'll have to eat it all by myself.   You are not here to share it with me so I guess I'll just have to take my time and eat it all up...poor me!!!

I am actually on my second cup of coffee, and there is no noise around at all.  It is much too early for the folks here who actually don't get up before nine or ten o'clock, in time for lunch at eleven..smile....and then there is me...four a.m. or around that ungodly hour who does not seem to require a lot of sleep...unless there is an easy chair close bye and one sits and has a cat nap or two during the day.  I'm getting better at it...seem to enjoy it more each year...another year or two and I probably wont want to get out of that easy chair which seems to fit like a glove.    To think I used to laugh at those old folks who had naps like little children and I thought it was an awful waste of time.   Age does make a difference in ones thinking...and in the doing as well.   A nap time now seems like a splendid idea and it can happen as you sit in your easy chair and try to watch television.   I was over to Pat's house yesterday and watched another couple of episodes of Sherlock Holmes .   Pat has an easy chair which you hunker down in and you know what hunkering can do....I am not sure this ninety era is going to sharpen my brains;  in fact I am wondering if I am going to be a snooze champion.   Think of all those old folks we laughed at when they fell asleep at the drop of a hat . . . well, what goes around seems to come around, and it does not take any practice.

We had a delicious dinner and Donaleo told us all about his first day on the job as a history teacher and how much he enjoyed the children who are so bright and willing to participate in class.    He loves to teach and he is very good at it.   Erin is busy working on the history and photographs of the Gallery, a worthwhile project that has been on a waiting list for some time.    I am delighted as it means they will be around for awhile.   Our Emma is happy as she is in love with Donaleo and all his attention....shoes on, door open and off they go...yeah, Emma is content as we all are as having the 'kids' home makes a big difference.

So today, pay attention to your family members and share time and love with them.   Make the day a 'good' one and be happy.    Love, kindness, patience makes the day special, just like YOU....so be special today and make life worth living.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...