Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Emma!!



The weather outside is frightful;  the snow is quite delightful;   watch me ...oh such fun.....

Emma loves the snow.   She played and played and really did not want to go back inside.    She thinks snow is fun.

We had a good six inches of snow, icy roads, cold and winter abounds.    It looks beautiful.    Riding around in it isn't all fun, but then it is best to stay put and not go riding around in the aftermath of a big snow storm.    I stayed in and looked out...we even had our lunch served in our rooms....no roaming the halls for us.  So, yesterday was an 'in' day and it was fun to leave the door wide open and see who would venture in.   Ron stopped in and had a taste of Couvasier , that bit of scotch that has a taste all its own;  and I don't even like scotch.   How come I have some in the cupboard is any-ones guess;   medicinal purposes...smile.  I have a few very tiny glasses which makes it more tasty.  A little drop in company goes a long way in making a snow day a good one.    Of course, when the electricity goes out then TV is not a cure all;   a good book never fails us.    So when  you hunker down with a good book, time passes quickly.   When you heat up some delicious soup and have some good dunking bread there is no complaining.   All in all a winter down day isn't all bad.

I am off to get a refill and turn on some news.    I have an idea we are in for another 'down' day and that is not all bad.    A good day to move the dust around.  A good day to read a little more of that book I started.   I will leave the door open later and see if I am lucky to have a drop in or two.    The candy dish is filled with Valentine candy and I have a few special cookies to put out...one never knows if someone will drop in and spend a little time, and enjoy a nibble or two.  

Make good use of your day today.  I hope your weather is good and you have a little 'weather' ;  a bit of snow;   a little rain . . . or....a sunny day, whatever you get ...appreciate it....enjoy it....and find reasons to smile.

Be good, be kind be generous and share you with those you like and love.    It is the start of a new week, one that holds surprises.   Enjoy them as they come.  Hugs to all.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...