Friday, January 20, 2017

Flu.....Yetch!

This luscious chocolate pie does not cure the flu but it certainly helps make 'the medicine go down' and it taste so good!!
This is how the flu makes one feel....I'm looking for a broom this morning...going to take off and fly to the moon until this is over....yetch!!! and more "yetch".
A yellow rose in remembrance.......think of some one you loved that has gone on before you . . . think memories of time shared.....as the bud opens, memories will pour out and bring peace and contentment.    Every one should treat themselves to a lovely yellow rosebud, just because you can.  You deserve a special treat . . . so. . . go buy yourself a yellow rose bud today.

There is no sense in rehashing the miserable effects of a flu bug.  There are no nice words.   It takes patience, which most of us do not have, to make peace with a flu bug.  The best bet is to accept what you cannot change and change what you can...I have a little cube that says just that.   The flu will run its course....where I'd like to run it I cannot say but you know exactly where.    Misery loves company but when you have the flu company avoids you like the plague.   But . . . some nice folks take time to slide a get well card under the door and that is an act that begets a feeling of being cared for.     Next trip out to the card shop I am going to stock up on some get well cards as they do bring a feeling of caring and sharing.    I had a great big orange given to me and it hit the spot...so nice to be treated.   I am not getting out as I don't want to pass on the germs as this is not a fun cold; it is a miserable flu;  a time of isolation....yuck!!!!   But....it will pass and life will return to normal .

Meanwhile I have been watching television from politics to westerns and back again.    I cannot tell you how many shows I sleep through , then wonder why I am not knowledgeable about all that is going on.    Could it be the drone of the voices;  or, am I just not interested.    Well, flu bugs mean inattention and that makes it a good excuse not to know what is going on....so....I am going to take my flu bugs and sulk today.   I want fresh air and sunshine and that is not in our forecast.   I want to go out to dinner with my girls but that is not likely as they have the flu bug too.    I think there is a saying , something about 'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'....good idea...I am going to love you and leave you for another day when the flu bug has disappeared and I am not crabby, snaughty nosed, runny eyed and just plain miserable....well......you asked.....smile......

Be good, be kind, be generous to those running around with signs of the flu....just ignore them....the flu bug is not to be shared.....I know that.....I'd give you a hug but I've go the flu.  Let me see now, kleenex, glasses, book, cryptoquote to do, cough drops, hot coffee;  yep, all set, see you tomorrow .  Hugs to tall.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...