Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Thinking!

Not a trick question, a thoughtful one as to missing a very special person who is or has been one of the loves in your life.   I think I would enjoy some conversations with a few folks who were in my life at one time or another.   I'd like to sit and listen to their thoughts on life and love, and maybe learn a little as to why they could not give of themselves.  I think we would have some interesting conversations and learn a lot about life and love.
Second by second,  make a list, check it twice, get busy and finish up all the preparations for Christmas.    No rush, no fuss, no hurry. . . relax, things will get done when they get done as only YOU can make them;  an overworked, over jealous person is just not fun.
AAh!!  Serenity.    Quiet...Peace.....Beauty.   We can use a little of that in our lives today.



A quiet day here yesterday with snow on the ground, not a lot,  but enough to know staying inside was not a bad idea.    Hugh, one of our fellow tenants here at Ridgemont came up to the monthly meeting yesterday afternoon and I sat at his table and we had a conversation about writing.  After the meeting he loaned me his travel log and I spent the afternoon touring the country, visiting places I had been to and remembering some wonderful travel days of my own.    It was wonderful to visit some of the old haunts dating back some years.  Trips across country.  Trips to the four corners of our states and memories that brought smiles and remembrance to the forefront.    Reading his travel log brought back many memories of trips I had taken in my lifetime.    What a treat it would be to go and revisit some of the places and see some of the faces of friends, neighbors and even strangers that made our travels all worthwhile.    It was a very good way to spend a cold winter day.

The monthly meeting was well attended.   Karen, our manager had a list of what not to do around the building and grounds.  For the most part we are well mannered and she did not have a lot to complain about.  Some folks are lazy, don't think about anyone but themselves and that is sad, but a little word to remind them of good manners puts everything to right...at least we can hope.   Some folks never learned to pick up after themselves...um..makes me wonder why their mothers thought it was best for them to wait on them hand and foot...makes for lazy folks..now with being taught to give an honest days work for an honest days didn't hurt most of us, there are still a few that think they should be waited on...and we have news for them....smile.......

For the most part Karen did not have many things to complain about.   She did say a few good words in our behalf.    No decorating the main hallways .. . who would want to?  Not me...I have enough to do decorating my door for Christmas and the lovely wreath the girls brought over does the trick...it is beautiful...smells good too.   

Today we are going up for birthday cake as one of our ladies named Betty, we have four by that name, is celebrating her 100th birthday....a century, wow, the tales she could tell.  That makes our second Centurion. A lesson of life, eat, drink and be merry...in moderation....and you too can live to be a hundred.   Amazing ladies who get around on their own and still have a zest for living.    So know the key to success is moderation, be good, be wise, be kind, be YOU and live to the ripe old age so you can be a Centenarian .    Stay active, alive, and live life each day, every day.   Hugs to all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...