Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Good Morning!

Ah....Beautiful......Snow in Arizona.......Beautiful skies.....Cold and brisk.....one of those picture cloud days when silence prevails.

Friend Paula with her grandson . . . ah..love at first sight....
Sunday was very quiet here at Ridgemont, not many moving about, resting up after all the activities, guests, family and friends coming and going.  All that excitement, fun and of course consuming every treat in sight....chocolates are not meant to be saved for a rainy day.    A quiet day, a new puzzle on the puzzle board and it is going to be a tough one.   I did get the decorations put away for another year.    I still have a candy bowl filled with treats which I will leave out for folks to help me eat up.  There is no way I can eat all of the chocolates and cookies by myself....well, I could try but then I'd have to take longer walks and add a walk on the tread mill.    It was a day of rest for most.  My two daughters laid low.   Christine was going to come over and bring me a piece of that mince pie that Patricia made and found her way for a short nap which turned out to be a big nap and I'll see my piece of pie today.   Pat had a bout with MS, stress brings it on and there is nothing you can do about holiday stress but get through it.    All in all I would say we had a lovely Christmas.  Santa was very good to us.  I am sporting not one but two lovely black sweaters;  one from Eileen and John...and no John I did not get my picture taken in it....and one from Patricia...love them and will get a lot of use out of them this winter.    Bob and Andy sent me those big luscious figs which are always so delicious and some wonderful tea which I will share when I have a tea party with drop ins.   Christine bought me one of those foot baths and I intend to try it out often.  I am betting it is going to make my feet feel a lot better. The girls treated me royally and I can't list all I got or I'd be here all day...smile.... The pears that Jock sent came just before Christmas and were gone much too quickly.  They are so delicious and last only long enough to get the cover off the box.    Erin's box was filled with all those wonders that make you smell so good and weave a bit of magic on your skin.    She is due in this week and that will be a special treat.    I did get to telephone talk to those who are far away ....if wishes were horses beggars would ride and all would be right here sharing time ....maybe next year.    So that was my Christmas and you can see it was Wonderful!!!  Now on to celebrate the New Year .....I have a bottle of B&B ready to share!!!

Catch up when you have time....enjoy life today.....work on good health and a bit of wealth for the New Year.....Be good, be kind, be gentle, be YOU.    Hugs to all.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...