Monday, December 26, 2016

A Day Later!!

A Christmas Picture...AAH!!!!  Charles Asay a very old friend from way back, his son Brian and family sent wishes to all and Christmas was celebrated with love and smiles.    Great picture. Charles looks good and yes he is the same age as I am...no argument there....I'll let him be a year older and I'll have fun catching up.




Bob and Andrea sent pictures from Arizona where they enjoyed a snow storm...looks very beautiful from here....well I don't have to get out there and shovel, although I'd volunteer as I love to shovel snow.   Ah childhood memories!!
A white Christmas, who could ask for anything more!!

Here in Port Orchard we stayed pretty clear;  a promise of snow but it never did get down here in the valley;  stayed up in the high country.   Christine and Patricia came over very early to exchange gifts and have breakfast but they were not hungry...too early for them....so I'll be eating awful waffles for the rest of the week.   My yearning for a black sweater came true.  I have not one, but two beautiful sweaters from Patricia.  Christine brought me a foot bath outfit so you know it will get a lot of use...think I'll try it out today.   Feet...how we need to treat them right as they have such a tremendous job to do.    I got smellies...oh nice ones...I got slippers...um.....can throw those old ballet ones out now and walk down the hallway in style.    I am spoiled and well loved. Christine cooked up a prime rib roast with baked potatoes and those little cabbages , all so delicious, actually no room for that mince pie Pat made just for me.   MS does not take a holiday and Patricia had a bout with it that sent her home to rest and quiet.   There is no cure as yet as it does not take a holiday and the folks that have it suffer more than we realize.    Maybe this will be the year to find the cure;  God willing!!  There is always a little bad with the good;  we missed our loved ones who were far away.   The telephone is the next best thing so we had our calls and we had something to remember and smile about.    So our holidays bring along love and laughter and a few tears, but that is what holidays do...I hope to hear that you all had a great holiday sharing love and hugs with your family and friends.  Now...a New Year.....wonder what is in store for us. . . we will soon find out.   Don't make to many empty promises for the New Year, you know you wont keep them all..maybe one or two...top your list with working on your health, then on your wealth, but not money wise, family and friend wise. . . share YOU with those you like and love.    Get ready to party, not to hardy....enough t o sparkle like a good wine.    Be good, be kind, be gentle, be a friend, be a lover, be all you can be....be YOU.    Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...