Saturday, December 17, 2016

December Days!

Getting ready!!!  Deck the reindeer with balls of color, la,la,la,...la, la, la laaaaa!!!  Maybe this will help you get into the Christmas mode or mood ;   

if  not, then this will...guaranteed!!  A little irreligious but what goes in has to come out, smile!!!

Good morning.  It is Saturday...some having their weekend off while others bemoan the end of another week and Christmas is coming so much sooner than they are ready for.    A fun time of year, frustrating time of year., but one we love, enjoy and go crazy about ...we must, as we do it year after year and actually look forward to it.    I love Christmas.   I have yet mastered wrapping gifts, the spirit is willing but what I mess I make.   Some folks have the knack and their gifts are gorgeous while mine look like a wrinkled mess with a limp bow.   I could use the fancy bags but that would take all the fun out of wrapping.    There is nothing like the need of an extra finger or hand to hold things down while you tie a bow.   

There is little to talk about this morning as I had a quiet day yesterday.  Hugh, who lives in the apartment at the end of the hallway, came up to borrow one of my books.  Vinnie told him I wrote and he was curious as to what I wrote about and what kind of a writer I am, so it will be interesting to hear his critique.    He did tell me he has written a book about his travels and  will loan me his copy so I can read it.    A travel log, maybe I'll visit places I've never been and that will be fun.   Speaking of travel, um.....how I wish........it would be wonderful to be able to have a free ticket to every where and visit old and dear friends where ever they are....a trip across country and back...haven't done that in a very long time.    Just talking about it gives me a little wander lust.....

So, as you can see, I repeat myself ...must be old age.....I am hoping for a trip out and I think we are going off tomorrow to a musical so that will be something to write about.    I have no idea where or what it is all about but I will tell you when I return.    I hope you find something to do today that will bring smiles to your face and a lot of love to your heart.    Your seconds are important, so don't leave them lonely and useless, get up and go...make someone you like and love happy today....join them for a visit, an outing, a lunch  or dinner, and bring your smile along, as it is a gift no one else can share.    A hug never hurts....even a verbal one does some good......so consider yourself hugged today and get on with your day...be useful....be joyful....be kind...be YOU.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...